Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, long time lurker, I've had a couple of Honda d series engined vehicles over the last few years, and this one (1999 mb6 auto) has had an intermittent eml for as long as the cars been in our family (13+ years)

Anyway, I removed the heat shield over the exhaust manifold/header to access the lambda probe with a view to replacing it, only to see a massive crack in the manifold upstream of the sensor. I'd go as far as to say the manifold is actually broken nearly across. Car still runs ok just delivers poor mpg/gas mileage.

What I'm asking is, will any d16 manifold fit? Or maybe a d15/17, there's plenty of later model civics breaking locally, most sporting a d16v* engine, with a similar looking manifold.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Any d15/d16 manifold 89-00 should fit. If I were you I'd look for the oem steel from the d16 vtec.

It helps to post pictures of what you're working with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help, I've never seen a manifold like that, and with (uncracked) d16 manifolds being in quite short supply, I opted for a regular cast iron one that looks identical to mine (think it was off an older crx del sol), even came with a free O2 sensor! Now comes the fun of all those 18 year old nuts and bolts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts