Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 1988 crx hf with the edm dohc zc swapped in and wired to run obd1 computer. Stock bore stock pistons stock stock stock.... stage one port on the head. Pistons are out crank everything is ready to get sent off to machine shop. I have dam blue top 450cc injectors and fuel pump out 1g talon also out of same car I have the td04hd (blown) dump pipe and bov. I have the fender intercooler cooler out of car don't need the front mounted one. Liking to replace turbo for bigger one wanting 8-12 psi depending on what we decide on this thread. Looking to replace rods, pistons, valves, springs, cams, 90mm throttle body. I live in east wenatchee Washington. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Email or message me. I'll give you my number I'll send pics.

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
See this is what I ask these things. Also what bearing brand should I go with for the bottom end? I haven't sent the parts off to machine shop yet.

I'm kinda repeating myself but

Looking for advice.

Building a d16a8 for boost. For those who don't know it is a edm dohc zc. Head has a stage one port. Looking for suggestions on what springs and valves to run. What brand bearings to run in the bottom end, what oil pump is best. What rod should I run? If I keep the stock pistons I will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1 what should I run for 8-10 psi? I have dsm bluetop 450cc injectors and fuel pump, bov, td04 turbo -(blown), fender mounted intercooler, all out of 1g talon.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
What brands have you been looking at?

Bearings are not really a big deal on brand as much as the clearance you will have with them. You may need a set to even figure out if they will work for your clearances.

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok I'll look around and keep that in mind. Block and tranny are in car about to be out and sent to be hot tanked then the machine shop after that.

What do I want to get 200-250whp?

Also with my pistons I'm at 9.5:1 I have the stock +7cc p29 pistons

·
Registered
88 CRX HF
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I get a 1mm shorter H-beams if I run stock pistons to drop compression ratio? Or will I be ok for 10-12 max psi at 9.5:1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts