Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sick of d16y8 and im getting a d16a8 put in my car. is there many performance parts for these engines?

·
Registered
275 Posts
combat masta said:
im sick of d16y8 and im getting a d16a8 put in my car. is there many performance parts for these engines?
its a mix match bwteen single cam dand 88 89 teggie stuff depndoing on what u want.if u got after makret header u can use that with the d16a8

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
naw it didnt come with my car, i have a dx. and my y8's broken bad. a local shop says they have a jdm dohc zc that can bold right up with a conversion harness. i like it, and it has less that 40,000 on it. 400 for the engine 200 for the install
i just wanted to know if there was many aftermarket things.

·
Registered
275 Posts
dude go with zc!!! u can do the swap yourself use all your stock shit tranny,harness mounts,linkge,all u need is pm7 ecu and dohc zc motor.u can run the stock pm6 but it wont run as good as it should.

·
Top Aussie
321 Posts
Well from reading your sig you would be able to transfer a few things from your current y8 to a replacement if you were to get one.

If you want to be different and enjoy a challenge go the ZC. Very strong motor. There are parts out there. JG do a fair bit of stuff for them.

Personally if my ZC ever died i'd throw a y8 in :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
oh damn i didnt read his sig. yea dwag most that shit will fit on zc.u can prob. sell your cams and get more parts.or find someone who will trade u them cams for dual cam zc cams.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts