Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, ive done a bit of searching around the forums for the past day or 2 and cant seem to find anything conclusive. I have a d16a8 in my 91 crx si, and i was wondering if i would see any improvement by using a pm7 ecu that came with the japanese ZC instead of the pp5 or p29 that came with the a8. thanks

·
Registered
ED6&7. EE4&5, MB1
200 Posts
Are you running OBD0 or OBD1?
To change between OBD0 and OBD1 some part swapping is required.

The list goes somewhat like this depending wether you have Rover engines in the list or not. (minor exceptions might occur)

88-93 D16A8 is OBD0 with a catalytic converter and lambda sensor running running PP5 ecu
91-95 D16A8 is OBD1 with a catalytic converter and lambda sensor running P29 ecu
88-89 D16A9 is OBD0 without catalytic converter and lambda sensor running PM7 ecu +IMA
91-95 D16A9 is OBD1 without a catalytic converter but with a lambda sensor running P29 ecu
89-92 D16Z5 is OBD0 with a catalytic converter and lambda sensor running PM7 ecu
88-89 ZC DOHC is OBD0 without catalytic converter and lambda sensor running PM7 ecu+IMA
90-91 ZC DOHC is OBD0 with a catalytic converter and lambda sensor running PM7 ecu
92-95 ZC DOHC is OBD1 with a catalytic converter and lambda sensor running P29 ecu

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
there is currently a pm6 in the car, is that the cars (91 crx si) stock ecu?
Yes that is the stock one.

ANY PM7 will make it run better then the PM6. Like Beave said, EDM PM7 is best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
so what should i look for in a chipped ecu then? and what kind of improvement would be a realistic expectation?
and if i switch to the pm7 will i need to run wires from the cylinder position sensor to the ecu? or will it be good if i already have the cps wired to the car

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
*blinks*

I have no idea what you are talking about with the CPS.

A chipped ECU allows you to tune the car. You can expect better driveability, lower fuel consumption and more power, especially if you have your basic mods done to the engine.

·
Registered
952 Posts
and can you say me how can i solve code 11 IMO sensor, where can I wire it do any of you have that pinouts?
code 11 (IMA sensor) is only found on the UK ECU for engines without an oxygen sensor and have an IMA sensor instead - the IMA sensor is on the ECU - does your ECU have this sensor (black thing in the picture)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts