Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im building a d16a6 for oval track racing and was wonder what a good piston rod set up would be and a good place to buy them in thanks. and we have to use the a6 cant be a differnt motor

·
Registered
175 Posts
D16a1 P29 pistons maybe some eagle rods ... you can both on ebay or one of the site sponsors for the eagles rods.... that's if you were wanting all motor high compression

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya cant run high compression still has to be around stock just wanting nice reliable rotating assembly and one thats lite not sure what pistons to us

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Keep everything stock, hone, hack the head 1mm, put on a Z6 or Y8 intake manifold and a good header. That will get you a lot more pep in your step and be (mostly) within the limits of the stock ECU.

If you can tune the ECU (legally or otherwise), then PG6 pistons on stock rods with ARP rod bolts, no head mill but everything else above, will be a HUGE improvement.

<--- provides engine and tech support for two roundy-round teams now, with great success.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Static compression ratios aren't terribly important to me . . . But to answer your question:

About 11:1 with the OEM MLS headgasket. (And it will run fun on just about any kind of fuel as long as you have the timing and fuel maps to match.)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Yes, there is. ebay chips are terrible, and even with a stock engine, you are loosing power. The ONLY good thing about them for racing is the raised rev limiter. If you want to know more about tuning the car, read the link in my sig (though I am working on editing some sections for clarity and to update links to the latest version of everything), and/or email me: [email protected]

Just as a warning, I just started my first "tough" semester and will be spending most of my time studying. I might take a while to reply, but I certainly will reply and do my best to answer questions you might have.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
There are no good chips to buy. You tune the engine for your setup. Generic chips are terrible, and in many cases dangerous.

I recommend Colt and Web. Delta is good if you're on a budget. Exospeed is another solid name.

·
Registered
90 CRX
1,054 Posts
Can you run a different ECU? PG7 out of an 88-89 Integra. That will raise the rev limit. What are the rules for the class you are running? You said the engine has to be pretty close to stock. If you can't run high compression then I wouldn't worry about milling anything. Please explain what you can change or do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
long as they dont know i have two computer in the car good one thats hiden and one thats in stock location.. so how can u get around it acid beaver?? email me [email protected] it would be sweet man

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and the stroker they some times take the head off and check the stroke unless for some reason its the same lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts