Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I was just looking to see if anyone hasa similar setup to mine so I could ballpark estimate what kind of number I'm gonna put down.

Motor:
D16a6 block bored .20 over, notched, shimmed oilpump.
Ycp vitara 75.50mm with speedfactory spec forged I beam rods
Acl bearings,
Speedfactory spec piston rings
Z6 head with skunk2 dual valve springs, crower retainers, zex 59300 cam, GE CAM gear, 4 bar map, port matched intake mani with tapered h22 throttle body
Walbro 255, precision 680cc injectors, aero motive 1:1 FPR
.50 trim turbo with .63 hotside.
I'm looking at pushing 12 psi max.
What do you guys think is a safe estimate on power on 91 pump gas?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Drop the Aeromotive FPR run stock,

Rewire your fuel pump,

Lose the GE cam gear, stock

SpeedFactory Doesn't make rods or rings, don't pay a premium for no reason.

Don't shim the pump unless you have a real reason.

Use Stock Valve Springs, MAYBE Y8 Intake Springs if you need.

Get injectors from HiProfile on here.

Stock retainers and springs will work with that 59300 cam.

I would still keep the stock cam, that being said, with stock retainers and valve springs as stock cams are hardened and don't pit, both problems with aftermarket cams. .

Get a Mill, ValveJob and New Exhaust Valve Guides instead

You don't even know all the things you don't know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just a portion of what's done. I want to keep the moor completely built as I'm going to be rebuilding the motor within 4-5 months.
And speedfactory doesn't have custom rods. But the forged rods they carry are made to their specs. Same rods as they have on their d series build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And as far as what I "don't know" lol I know quite a bit. For the record I'm asking for estimated numbers for this current setup. I don't need anyone to flame on my thread for any reason.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please anyone looking at this post. Dont tell me to drop aftermarket parts. Everything was installed for a specific purpose, to work together in conjunction. The only budget parts on this build are the pistons. I'm not worried about cost effectiveness

·
Registered
731 Posts
Its more that some OEM stuff really does work A million times better then the aftermarket stuff. No matter how researched and developed it is Honda knows what their doing on their engines if you know what I mean

·
Registered
731 Posts
Not hating but thats A lot of money to put down to make 300 hp because thats all about how much d16's will make without race gas or water meth.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Dont come asking for advice you don't want to hear.

Like an obese person going to a Dietician, saying,

"I was built this way"

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Please anyone looking at this post. Dont tell me to drop aftermarket parts. Everything was installed for a specific purpose, to work together in conjunction. The only budget parts on this build are the pistons. I'm not worried about cost effectiveness
I dont think what he said was about cost effectiveness. Rocking a Rolex and not being able to tell time is a dumb move.

I know for a fact that a y8 with stock internal, a chipped ecu and run of the mill turbo setup can run 220 all day reliably. With a small build up of the rods and top end will net much higher numbers reliably. An a6 can do roughly the same or better depending on the cam you choose.

Seems like a nice list of parts for a mag article, but for everyday racers, on this forum and others, you can do more with less then you listed. Hence Toasters response.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Hey guys so I was just looking to see if anyone hasa similar setup to mine so I could ballpark estimate what kind of number I'm gonna put down.

Motor:
D16a6 block bored .20 over, notched, shimmed oilpump.
Ycp vitara 75.50mm with speedfactory spec forged I beam rods
Acl bearings,
Speedfactory spec piston rings
Z6 head with skunk2 dual valve springs, crower retainers, zex 59300 cam, GE CAM gear, 4 bar map, port matched intake mani with tapered h22 throttle body
Walbro 255, precision 680cc injectors, aero motive 1:1 FPR
.50 trim turbo with .63 hotside.
I'm looking at pushing 12 psi max.
What do you guys think is a safe estimate on power on 91 pump gas?

save your money on the MAP sensor if you're only pushing 12 psi max.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel what you guys are all saying but half the parts going in are for future modifications as well. I got a block going out to get sleeved soon that will be filled with custom pistons and rods. This car will be running time attack circuits mid July next year. So I've compensated for such. As far as my original post goes I never asked for advice as much as numbers people have seen on a similar setup. I know the setup is good for 300+ but I'm mainly interested in seeing what other people have experienced. Just as everyone else I may have different views on what works. But in my experience I would rather spend the extra money now and over compensate some things than have to do more work later

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Don't think he was turning on the burner just yet, but there are plenty of "howmuchpowerwillblahblahblahturbomanifoldcamsetupmake" threads

and on that build with a decent tune should make 250+

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I feel what you guys are all saying but half the parts going in are for future modifications as well. I got a block going out to get sleeved soon that will be filled with custom pistons and rods. This car will be running time attack circuits mid July next year. So I've compensated for such. As far as my original post goes I never asked for advice as much as numbers people have seen on a similar setup. I know the setup is good for 300+ but I'm mainly interested in seeing what other people have experienced. Just as everyone else I may have different views on what works. But in my experience I would rather spend the extra money now and over compensate some things than have to do more work later
The problem with asking questions that are generalized like this is that no one else has run this exact setup or combination of parts.

theres no denying that the selection of parts you have will work and will achieve the goals you want. But what most people are telling you is to save you money on parts that are not going to net you much and spend you money on something more effective such as increased cooling or better brakes, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I searched a lot just couldn't find any threads that pertained to exactly what I was asking. As far as te parts list bein good for magazines, your right on the dot. I'm part of a fairly large and pretty well crew in Vegas and I hav sponsors that I'm working with so more money into te build= more proven validity to my build, and my pocket. These sponsors like to see money already into the car before investing. Shows them that I'm dedicated to continuing the build.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only reason I'm not running e85 is because the only gas stations that sell it in Las Vegas are in the sketchy part of town

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Man, What the ...?

You could throw a million dollars on a D series and go nowhere!

You can't buy experience.

You CAN listen though.

Why don't you look up FarmerD, click on his name, go to statistics, click "All Threads Started by Farmer D"

This is True for most the people here in the 1000's of posts or years of membership.

I stalked the shit outta Transzex/Bone, Aquafina, Bense, across SEVERAL different forums when building my Gearbox,.

Find some people that know what they are doing, and read about all their fuckups.

It works great.

So does my engine I have been using for Years.

Don't waste your money, because when it does blow up, it just leaves a bigger hole in your wallet.

I think Sponsors would like to see the most wins with the least amount of money so it shows your worth, not your car's worth, and how well you can make their part shine.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts