Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
i was on a compression caculator with the a6 block z6 head stock block y8 head gasket and it said that the compression would b 9.95:1..would that b ok to boost on? and what is the max boost that i could run with a t3/t4 or t28 turbo??

dude with 1k post and you still dont no your own answer .

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
dude with 1k post and you still dont no your own answer .
what does his post count have anything to do with it? automotive knowledge is not based on who has more posts on the internet.

i was on a compression caculator with the a6 block z6 head stock block y8 head gasket and it said that the compression would b 9.95:1..would that b ok to boost on? and what is the max boost that i could run with a t3/t4 or t28 turbo??
max boost would be dependant on the tuner, injectors, and how much you trust that the tuner has the skills required to tune at such a high cr.

but if you do boost on it, it should be a swift kick to the pants of a ride. :lol:

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
what does his post count have anything to do with it? automotive knowledge is not based on who has more posts on the internet.
because this has been asked millions of times. which means post whoring not learning. this forum has so much info my brain hurts after a while. but i still feed on the info and still manage to search before even asking a question.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
because this has been asked millions of times. which means post whoring not learning. this forum has so much info my brain hurts after a while. but i still feed on the info and still manage to search before even asking a question.
learning and retaining are two very different things. he might have known it before, but lost it now. who knows. but he asked a resonable question, and should have gotten a reasonable answer. even if that answer had been posted before. you could have quoted it for him or something like that. if i had a dime for all the research i have done for others on this board, i would have at least enough to go to taco bell and get a value meal for you and me.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
learning and retaining are two very different things. he might have known it before, but lost it now. who knows. but he asked a resonable question, and should have gotten a reasonable answer. even if that answer had been posted before. you could have quoted it for him or something like that. if i had a dime for all the research i have done for others on this board, i would have at least enough to go to taco bell and get a value meal for you and me.

lol true guess i was a butt about it my mistake.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
c i boosted b4 and didnt kno what i was doin so this time im askin all the questions b4 i boost. dont want to go thru motors again..my eg sedan still doesnt have a motor in it...i kno ima use 450cc injectors so i aint tryin to go all crazy its a stock block and ima use a z6 head (idn if ima get it mechined or not) and i am going to convert to obd1. but is that compressino to much?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
You can go to a thicker head gasket if the compression is too high.
Higher compression + boost makes tuning more critical, less room for error.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah id throw a thick HD in there. good ole cometic .051 MSL

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Yeah imt alking about a 3 layer cometic gasket...they have diff MSL thicknesses....Middle shim layer.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah he should be fine...but why run high cr on a stock internal engine? why even on a built engine. pointless. If he can get a gasket and change it...its simple..and will help him and tuner out. but thas him.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
yeah thats your best best, having higher cr isnt gonna net any more hp. atleast not at that stage.

·
Registered
464 Posts
water lines... in on 1 side.. out on the other... but not necessary to do, as long as you dont push over the stock wastegate... (9.5 psi)

and BTW... i'd rock the 10:1 C/R on 10 psi w/ the T-25... that thing is gonna RIP..... but i would just go turbo edit w/ the 1 wire v-teck..... alot easier and cheaper than going chrome...... JUST FIND A COMPETANT TUNER

1 - 20 of 23 Posts