Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 civic hatch
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my headgasket due to low oil. It heated up cheap paper gasket! Anyway, the reason for low oil was an oil pan gasket leak. I replaced the gasket 3months ago & didn't have problems but noticed 2 tears on 2 corners. That's what I get for not using oem. So I replaced it & good to go now. Well I see water coming out my exhaust & car overheating so hg for sure. I here d16z6/y8 work with no mods & no worries, true???

·
Registered
91 civic hatch
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea ill get it checked. I just rebuilt it in december & I hope its ok I good thing I was down the street from home when it began heating up so I shut it down quick. Ok then ill grab 1 of those gaskets 2maro & start tearing down.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,102 Posts
I would definitely have the head checked before you go through the labor of installing
the gasket. I'd go with a steel gasket as well. Z6/Y8 or Y8 2 layer.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
No we mean the mating surface between the bottom of the head and the top of the block. If the bottom of the head isn't flat then you won't have a good seal, no good seal means popped HG's.

·
Registered
91 civic hatch
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No yea for sure resurface on the head & get the block checked cause I need it reliable for work. Isse then thanks guys always get good support here without crap :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts