Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to this forum - joined here since AutomotiveForums is down for a while and i need somewhere to view endless posts from ppl with D-series :beer:

Anyway, just recently got my car for $2000 bux. Engine is in good shape, as is everything else (except the body because it wasn't garaged, 14 years does wonders on a car - rusty rusty). It burns oil at high RPM.
What do you suggest i do to my D16A6 so that it will:

1) Pull better than it does now.
2) Get pretty decent gas mileage.

The car is completely stock. I was thinking to start off with a CAI and move on from there...Maybe down the road i'd go turbo (when i have more money to play with) but for now i'm going strictly N/A...And if you can include an estimated price that'd help ;-)

·
Registered
251 Posts
sweet

the a6 is a strong non-vtec motor. intake/header/exhaust then swap on a z6 intake mani you can use your injectors, fuel rail and thottle body(a6=55mm z6=56mm) if you want

cost is dependent on if you get e-bay or name brand

intake: 30-200+
filter: 20-60+ k&n
header: 30-1500+ i'ld sugest headman chikara or DC
exhaust: 225-900+ i'ld sugest custom mandrel bent 2.0 or2.5 piping with cat, resonator and muffler. finding aftermarket exhaust for the 4dr is almost impossible
z6 mani: 35-150

is the brass rooster still on the square? and did you get much rain with bonnie?
jeff

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
i say bump the compression with maybe some p29's, exospeed cam, 4-1header, cam gear, good clutch...z6 i/m ported with a 60m ls t/b.

·
Banned
939 Posts
As an A6 fan, I'd recommend cap/rotor/plugs/wires and changing valve guide seals. While you're in the head, I think that you'll find a rocking cam a worthy upgrade. It doesn't appear that you're ready to disassamble the engine and this can be done easily.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
awesome replys, thanks for the info :)

brass rooster? dont think so lol - and no, not much rain with bonnie at all. Weather man said it was coming straight for us and then it turned, so we're all pretty glad bout that! But Ft. Myers and some other places got demolished. Stuff blown everywhere..

·
Registered
251 Posts
talked to my folks in ft.myers beach today, they got lucky the the retirement park they live in had minor damage while the park on the east of them was hit hard.
had breakfast with my cus at the brass rooster a couple of years ago sorry to hear it didn't last.
jeff

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah, i looked it up and it's still around

Brass Rooster
30 S Magnolia Ave,
Ocala, FL 34474

just never see it i guess - and yea ft myers was the first to get hit pretty much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts