Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know if anyone knew how much boost a stock d16a6 block can hold, i just want to run 6 psi.. and i here it wont mess up but then i here it will ...and if i get a block gaurd will that help or not?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
psi doesnt mean anything, you need to worry about cfm. different turbos make different amounts of power at the same psi.

sooo...what turbo do you plan on running 6psi on?

im running 11.5 with a .42/.48 t3 and the only issue i had was a HG. a cometic and ARP headstuds will solve that problem though

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know what kind of turbo im gonna run.. i was thinking t25 cuz i dont got that much so i was going 2 go with a ebay special kit.. but i heard they dont spool up all the way intil like 4500 rpm.. which isnt that good... and also.. one thing i didnt mention i have a d16y8 head on the d16a6 block dont know the compression and i dont know how high of compression you can run.. i heard you can run like 11.1 compression on turbo.. but i dont know.. im a noob kinda on the turbo thing... but all the help is appreciated..thx

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not that big off noob i know some kinda of stuff but people say diff things i was hoping that someone knew from experiance... i kinda thought it wasnt smart to run that high of compression.. do you think if i got like a z6 headgasket ill be ok or not.. dont really got the money to get low comp pistions...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea .. i know .. i just want to turbo it with low boost right now and then over winter im going 2 take all of it out and put rods and pistons in it.. but for right now i just want to get a little more power.. intil then.. do you know how much compression a d16y8 head with a d16a6 block with like a z6 head gasket.. i know theres calculators on here but they all come out different..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts