Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 sedan turbo and for some reason it smokes when I come to a complete stop? But when I'm driving there is no smoke at all and I am clueless on where to start it looks white but has a slight blue color to it any ideas? Previous owner said it is chipped and tuned by xenocron its pushing 11lbs

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
chances are ur turbo is pooched.

check your oil drain and make sure its not kinked and always flows down hill.

check the turbo for shaft play.

are you running a restrictor on the turbo? what kind of turbo? water cooled? are the water lines hooked up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a garrett 57 trim oil cooled. Line isn't kinked. Its going down also it smells like anti freeze burning but I dk what to even check like honestly I'm not that great wit the turbo shit my boys kinda know but they all got evos n shit so its dif for them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea like when I come to stop it smokes bad and smells like coolant burning I'm getting whole new bottom end this week that I'm puttin in hopefully that's solves it

·
Registered
100 Posts
x2 about not seeing while rolling, and if it really has a blue tint it shouldnt be a coolant problem. Are you experiencing any coolant loss? IIRC valve seals tend to smoke on decel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts