Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats up everyone.. i got a 90 civic hatch dx stock with the d15b7.. i want to throw in the d16a6 but i wanna make it boost ready! any suggestions on wat i should do first?? i plan on puttin all new gaskets on the motor!

·
noob
95 Civic Coupe
2,012 Posts
if you plan on staying with stock internals then just go with a set of arp head studs and a good headgasket then you should be good to go.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well for now im on a budget so.... anyone have the link to a a site were i can buy the correct arp headstuds and a headgasket for a d16a6 id really appriciate it!!

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Coo coo thanks for the reply... I hate forums were people don't know wat they be talkin bout and talk mess.. but thanks :) pics of my tear down will be posted in a couple dayz!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Most importantly on any build for real power is a tunable ECU. I'd say boost the A6 stock and not get crazy with turbo size and boost levels. If you like it then build a cheap semi-reliable D block for more boost, I only say "semi" because ya neva know; D's are pretty reliable. No matter how high you get you won't have to replace that ECU. 180hp on a 90 Dx hatch will be fun as hell and if you read, attainable for less than 1K easy. Good with your hands, $700. You're in Cali so think about this as well. I've met CHP that can identify turbos with easy. Or all of it can look stock and it's internals, high compression, PnP head built w/ cam, even ported stock Exhaust mani's, they do crack easier, are unnoticable to the naked eye. You'd still need that ECU I was talkin about. There's many options. All more expensive than $400.00. If you read for a bit though you'll spend that first $400.00 right.

O.K. done with the paragraph.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh.

·
Registered
04 accord
246 Posts
back in 02 a local buddy made like 210whp/180tq on a stock d16a6(200k miles).
using a t3t4 (smallest wheel) but 3inch down pipe & it was tuned with hondata and dms 440.

so back your setup.
I'd just get a new headgasket, do a leakdown test to make sure the motor and head is in good condition, arp headstuds, convert to obd1 PO6, have someone chip it & tune it with free software like crome. Just keep the power under 200whp and your good to go.

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The motor i know is good came out of a runnin hatch that my friend had.. ok now parts list
arp head studs
OEM d16y7/y8 headgasket
convert to obd1 with a po6 ecu
and get it tuned? sound about right guys??
im runnin a greddy td04h turbo kinda on the small side but it spools nice! but let me know if theres anything else i need? or any other sugestions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts