·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: 1990 Civic SI
-Skunk2 Megapower Exhaust
-Stock Internals
-260,xxx Miles
-Not my DD but I enjoy driving it and will only put in storage over Winter(from Missouri, roads can get salty)
-Other modifications irrelevant to this topic.

Goal: 180whp
-Would like to be capable of 200-210whp in the future without redoing everything
-Don't want to drain my savings, would love to stay under $3000 in engine and turbo build but I understand that might not be possible

Questions:
-My motor is high-mileage, should I rebuild using all OEM parts or would it be best to upgrade some internals, if so what do I NEED to upgrade and what would you suggest upgrading anyways based on your experience/knowledge?
-I'd prefer a turbo which spools quick(smaller) and goes along with my budget with room to grow slightly in the future. What turbo would be appropriate for my power goals?
-I have access to a shop with plenty of tools but I am far from an expert, what work should be done by a professional? Example: Head work, Tuning
-Should I rebuild the motor and break it in, then setup the turbo and tune?

Thank you in advance for your help, if you have any other info that you think is relevant to my setup feel free to mention it! Or if you need any more info on my current setup.

·
Registered
96 honda civic
18 Posts
A Ebay turbo kit will do ... but for how long.. I would go Yunk Yard get a Z6 and Ebay kit just get Rod bolts and head studs while u build a solid motor and your be at about 1500

·
Registered
honda civic hatch
4 Posts
boost till you blow or either get a better hg and apr studs for better protection against rising cyl pressure. but by the time you get those parts and everything dissasembled itll be very tempting to jsut put in vitaras while your at it. Turbo spool times would be to google how to read turbo compressor maps. smaller turbines are ideal for faster spool but with a trade off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts