Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why is there a difference?

if the deck height of all the blocks are the same... I assume there is a difference because of the PM3 head.

correct or wrong?

A6 TB 107 teeth
Z6/Y8 TB 104 teeth

good ol noob question to humble thysef. lol

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
a6 tensioner has more throw, the WP gear has more teeth and the cam center line is further out?

what i am trying to figure out is if there is an easy way to determine what timing belt to use.

for instance, with a y7 head on an a6. i would assume you would need something just slightly shorter than a 107 tooth belt. perhaps a 106? or can the tensioner account for that?

99% sure a d15b2 tb is 106 teeth.

VX is 103 teeth

thanks bone.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
If you want Danz, I can check the part number on my timing belt, but I´m running and a6 block with a z6 head, I don´t know if this will work for you

Btw, it is pretty hard to put the timing belt on.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure kit, do it up. the more info the better.

i checked the tensioner OD's. (though i am not sure how interchangeable these are, the Z/Y series have a longer arm sticking out)

B2/B7/A6 tensioner OD is approx 56mm
Z1/Z6/Y7/Y8 tensioner OD is approx 52.5mm

checked out some water pumps too. although the OD measurements aren't 100% because i only had a clear ruler to use....
Z1/Z6 water pump is 19 teeth approx 55mm OD
B2/A6 water pump is 19 teeth approx 54mm OD
Y7/Y8 water pump is 19 teeth approx 56mm OD (has funny appendage making the WP cog longer)

if anyone has height/offset differences between the head castings that would be super.

does anyone know if there is a 105 round tooth x 24mm timing belt floating around?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts