337 Posts
*AHEM* Golden Eagle...

hell yeah

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
transzex said:
why not go 81 mm and run B series pistons?????

Engine life is rather short though.
81mm on a d block gets the walls so thin. I wouldnt recommend it to MOST people. Even I wouldnt even do it... if you have the extra cash and don't mind a short life block, then i commend the person to do it. hehe.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
your evil wil. you just want to see people put a piston through their cylinder wall ;)

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHA. well, ok back to my good side. I would never recommend anything over 78mm to any of my customers. Maybe 79mm on a race setup. but longevity, and reliability comes to mind first when I think of customers. I know all of you put your hard earned money into our cars and to risk it all on trying something that is not worth it, would be wrong for me to encourage it.

So for all motor street 77mm is the most I'd go. for turbo 77mm as well, but 75.5 is sufficient enough.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sonny7730 said:
your evil wil. you just want to see people put a piston through their cylinder wall ;)
I've seen plenty enough... no need to see anymore.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Wil, the 81 mm motor was good for 6 passes, them crazy canucks!!!!!!!

78 mm limited to street/mostly race motor D15 with 137mm long rods is my goal. BIG non VTEC cam, etc. I've been talking with Bisi too much, but I know where I wanna go!

78x84.5 non VTEC.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well getting back on topic, i need sleeves for my a6 :), should i just buy an exospeed bare block? i need a block to hold 30 psi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts