Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody say me what the second sensor (watertemp) do?

my d16a6 got 2 watertemp sensors

i want to know what the sensor on the back(left side of the oilpressuresensor) do

and does it change anything in my ecu??Ive read something about Fuelmaps

heres the articel:
Stay with the stock water pump at all costs, advice on radiators too: We have dyno’d electric water pumps vs. stock, and we can’t tell if it makes even 1 HP. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. Leave the stock one. Don’t forget, your fuel map on your ECU works off water temperature. With the electric water pump, I have seen the water temperature fluctuate way too much, and you have to constantly turn it on and off. It’s such a hassle. For no purpose at all. There is one need for the electric water pump and that is for motors with deck plates or custom timing belt needs. You have to put fake water pump on that’s offset to get tension in the belt, so electric water pump is necessary. Also, leave in the thermostat in your car and don’t remove it. The only case to remove it is when your radiator is too small to work on the motor you have there. Sleeved blocks require larger radiators as well as turbo cars that run hotter. Dual core radiators are nec. If you have a single core radiator, one of the only ways to drive around without overheating is to remove your thermostat and just drive around with the fan on all the time. But this method does not work well because the water does not sit around the sleeves long enough to draw the heat it should, like a larger radiator would do operating normally. So get that thicker radiator.

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,007 Posts
there are 3 water temp sensors.

back of block = fan switch
under dist, one is for the gauge in the dash, the other is the MOST important one, ECT for the ECU.

·
Registered
171 Posts
is the sensor for the ECT and the sensor for the fan switch the same sensor?

Also if the fan switch sensor isnt working would that effect fuel economy and how well your car warms up to idle?

cause if so I'm just going to buy 2 new ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.