Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im back into the d-series game. i tried to search but the term is too small to find anything.

i want to be clear on this, my memory is kinda foggy after all these years.

was it a 96-00 civic gx piston that was able to mate with an LS rod into an a6 without the use of the bushing kit and retained a compression ratio of about 10.1-10.5 in an otherwise stock a6 motor?

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
What's the length on LS rods? 137mm? 137mm with p29s puts you at 10.8:1 with a stock head gasket, 11.1:1 with a y8 gasket.....

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yes, ls rods are the same length as d16 rods. but, iirc, you can't use gx pistons with stock d16 rods. the gx ones had a bigger be like that of a b-series, if memory serves. but since its late, i will NOT look it up for the OP. maybe tomorrow, if one of the other guys don't jump in here with the exact info.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the length on LS rods? 137mm? 137mm with p29s puts you at 10.8:1 with a stock head gasket, 11.1:1 with a y8 gasket.....
i dont want to use p29 pistons or d16 rods...im trying to figure out the combo that was suppose to be like what ive described above.

b18a/b rods
96-00 Civic GX pistons

apparently they can be mated without any modification/machining and will work on an otherwise stock d16. im just trying to make sure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
youre right, they have to be milled .022" on each side of the rod to fit the d16 crank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts