Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got a 91 crx si and a d16a6 which is already out od the vechile and a d16y7 in the car but its got issues also needs rebuild.
But anyways i want to rebuild the d16a6 and was wondering if anyone could share info on how much some high comp pistons would gain the car in hp and what would need to be done to keep the car running well with those kind of pistons. Not looking for crazy high comp just something to add a little ummpfh and still be reliable. Any ideas?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know much about cams and how to choose them im just looking for a little power nothing crazy. Just want to know what are good reliable high comp piston setups. And if i put them in what would they need to support it.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
D16A6 You can use the DOHC P29 pistons or the PG6B pistons if you prefer a flat top. A good cam with some overlap would help with the higher compression.

If you don't plan on tuning then don't bother with any of them.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,917 Posts
Use pm6, pm3 or pg6b pistons. Past that you need to check/mill the head so mill what it needed to make 10.5:1 at most 11:1. Use oem cam gear. The milling will retard the cam a bit. Witch is good and use a stock ecu with no fuel mods or ignition changed via the dizzy or fpr. Run 91-93 oct gas

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,466 Posts
What kinda cam? And what would i need to tune it i.e do i need a different ecu?
do you read?

Use pm6, pm3 or pg6b pistons. Past that you need to check/mill the head so mill what it needed to make 10.5:1 at most 11:1. Use oem cam gear. The milling will retard the cam a bit. Witch is good and use a stock ecu with no fuel mods or ignition changed via the dizzy or fpr. Run 91-93 oct gas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which is better pm6 or pg6b? And what kinda tune would i need and would i need an other than stock ecu?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts