Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have started to gather up some parts for an engine rebuild. I have a d16a6 and have got 11:1 arias pistons, aem cam gear, crane cam 251-0016, straight pipe cat back. I am in the process of buying a set of eagle rods, and a 50-150hp NOS System. There are a bunch of other things i am still gathering up. I dont know much about hondas yet, so i was wondering what size of injectors should i be looking for. I believe stock injectors are about 240cc and im not sure the 255cc will do. I was thinking about the dsm 450cc injectors. But seeing that i dont know my rice yet, is the 'dsm' a brand or a style? What would you suggest for injectors. I am also expecting to purchase the aem fuel rail & regulator, a new intake, header, and the other usual nessecities if that adds and difference. Is there anything i missed that i should be looking into, or some rather big mistakes i am walking into? Any help is appresiated.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'm pretty sure that AEM makes decent injectors...but I could be wrong, but deffinately more fuel is a must for the kinda shit you are settin up...also IGNITION!! Boost the FUCK out of your ignition...you're boostin compression so your stock ignition system isn't goin to work that well...the stock ignition tryin to work on that kind of set up would be like you tryin to paddle your way through a creek of mud. I have a full msd ignition right from the coil on to the dizzy and wires

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
If I ever where to get new injectors, I would go RC Engineering...
They just seem to be a great business to support. And their injectors last for life according to them selves.

·
Registered
512 Posts
- stock ignition is more than adequate, even Bisimoto used the stock ignition on his 10 second N/A sohc non-vtec D-series.
- If the nitrous kit is wet/direct port, the stock injectors will do fine
- DSM is the nickname of the Eagle Talon and Mitsubishi Eclipse. The turbo versions come with 440cc injectors stock.
- fuel rail is almost never necessary. People run 400hp D16s with the stock fuel rail.

Sounds like a nice setup you're piecing together ! Don't forget the head work ! (porting, 5-angle valve job, undercut valve stems and deshrouding are all worthwhile on an a6)

·
Banned
939 Posts
I think the 240 cc injectors should be fine.
Get the FPR but pass on the fuel rail.
That #16 cam is going to need a larger TB in addition to the IM.
Consider making your ring gap slightly larger if you think you'll be in the 150 range with the N2O.

DSM: Diamond Star Motors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The head work was planned already, but i am still trying to find a system to retard my timing for the nos. Do i really need a new tb and im? I have been having trouble even finding any that work for a d16a6. Any brand links, or swaps available? Thanks for the tips guys.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
you could swap the y8 im and go b-series tb. i dont know if thats good enough for your setup but they work on it. but if you do get this get it all portmatched.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts