Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i tryed to check my PCV Valve and it broke as i tryed to get it with a Flathead out. One thing is stuck in the hose that comes through the hole of the intake manifold.
I do not know how to get it out now, the hose holds very good in the intake manifold. Remove it up or down that hole? I attached a pic.
Any idea would help me, thx!

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,289 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for your reply, i watched this before i did it. My problem is half of the valve is stuck in the hose and i dont get the hose off that hole in the intake manifold. How to remove that, just pull it with force or try to get the hose up?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I like to use a bolt or screw that is big, and thread it into the remaining plastic, and ynak it out.

Else, take a punch, socket extension, or an old suspension bolt, and pop it downwards.

You will want to replace the hose that goes from the block's black box to that piece anyways, as if it was stuck, it was contaminated and soaked in oil over several years

·
Registered
89 CRX si
71 Posts
This exact same thing happened to me just a few weeks back. I let it ride without a pcv valve until I performed an upcoming oil/filter change because the oil filter needs to be out of the way to remove the plastic tubing that connects the pcv to the black filter box. I used the appropriate size rubber hose to replace the broken plastic tubing then inserted a new pcv into the rubber tubing. The only difference from oem is that the pcv sit loosely inside the hole in the intake manifold instead of being snug but it is definitely not a problem at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like to use a bolt or screw that is big, and thread it into the remaining plastic, and ynak it out.

Else, take a punch, socket extension, or an old suspension bolt, and pop it downwards.

You will want to replace the hose that goes from the block's black box to that piece anyways, as if it was stuck, it was contaminated and soaked in oil over several years
That hose is not avaible, you have any idea where to get a new one? Or just put another hose in it and let it be a little loose in the manifold?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

That helped me a lot, i took a large screw and did what you told me, so i got 90 percent out drilles, i cleaned it and tryed to get the rest our, but its really hard to get there with fingers (exuse bad english).
So i got out what i could, and startet. Just look:
*cant post the link to the youtube video cause i only have 3 messages*

It seems to flow fine. You think i can get in the new Valve and its good or should i worry about little pieces closing that hole sometimes or damage my engine? I think if there finds something has way in the crankcase it will end in the oil filter.
What do you think?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
here is his video

I think you will be fine if the pieces were small.

I personally dont bother with an oem perfect hose, just remove it off the box and take it to a partsstore that has some reels of hose they can sell sections of.

New valve is cheap, and since you have to run your own hose, gives you an option of running a 90 degree valve or a straight valve, and relocating it to your convenience, if things dont fit perfectly.

If you really are worried about those little pieces going where they should not, just pop that box off the block, and carb clean the fuck out of it upside down.

There have been a few rare instances where that box clogged up, and was causing massive oil consumption/burning, so it might be a good opportunity to feel it out.

Something simple, like weighing that box before and after cleaning could indicate how much crap was in there.

In my mind, a clogged box would most likely be a result of using poor quality oil with a low flash point, or always going high on miles between changes, where vapors from the crankcase are more likely to "pile up" so to speak.

I think you are fine though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx!
Its a 88er CRX first hand with more than 186000 miles on it. Got every service at honda, last one before he sells to me.
Engine needs 1l oil to 1000km, so im looking first for the cheap things before things get expensive.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
is the exhaust tip covered in black crap?

If not, might simply be a leak somewhere.

If its burning oil, find a big hill to coast down, or find a SAFE place to speed way up to 70-80mph, and coast in gear as long as you can, and then after several seconds, burp the throttle and look for a smoke cloud.

If that ends up happening, could be something as simple as valve stem seals, which are easy to change, but can be kinda daunting to first timers

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
You're gonna have to get that hose out. One way or another. Exact same thing happened to a Z6 I picked up last spring. It's happened many times...but that was the last one. Eventually, I had to get underneath the intake mani and get that hose up and out so I could manhandle it.

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,280 Posts
You're gonna have to get that hose out. One way or another. Exact same thing happened to a Z6 I picked up last spring. It's happened many times...but that was the last one. Eventually, I had to get underneath the intake mani and get that hose up and out so I could manhandle it.
Nevermind. I see you got it. Good on ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts