Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I'm doing a mild head build soon as i suspect my head gasket is going. I plan to clean the ports up a little paying attention to the bowls, skim the head .060" for compression and bolt it all back up with Rocket motorsports springs, ARPs and a z6 3 layer.

Now i am currently running a delta 272 as it was cheap and cheerful, i am thinking of upgrading to rocket stage 4 but wanna get an idea of if P2V will be a problem. I will clay it before fitting, but before i shell out money for a better cam i at least want a idea that it is likely clear, specs are as follows;

Duration - @.050 (IN/EX) 237/223

Lift - (IN/EX) 10.8/11.3

Any experience with similar builds would be great.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
CRX ECODiesel Ram
1,036 Posts
I wish i could help, I am running a head milled i THINK 0.040" along with the z6 gasket, pg6b pistons and a Crane 0012 cam, and no issues. But I think your cam will have more lift, while my pistons are flat tops.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did P2V measurements on this and it cleared with a fair bit of room. The tightest measurement i had was .146"(from memory) and that was at 5 degree retard, i also advanced the cam 5 degrees and measured too, so anywhere between the two was fine.

Lee

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I milled over 2mm off of a PM3 head and ran a colt stage 2 and didnt have any problems. I think I had around .100" milled off.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I milled over 2mm off of a PM3 head and ran a colt stage 2 and didnt have any problems. I think I had around .100" milled off.
Love to see a pic of those comb chambers!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could have definitely taken off a little more off i may have been limited to how much i could adjust the cam but 5 degrees in either direction is probably a little excessive anyway. Shit i still had a bit of movement on the tensioner with the stock belt.

I remember reading a few posts from some of the D series archives maybe on one cam only where ruishi was milling heads almost down to the valve seats, the chamber wasn't circular anymore to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts