Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sorry guys here is is in a nut shell i am building a d16a6 to go n/a i wanted to know if the stock bottom end internals are good enough in a sleeved block
if not then where can i find the necessary parts

also zdyne what do you guys think? like i said before i don't care about money for this build so price is not my concern

also dh racing i see someone said itb's cool where can i find some or carbs for this build i am not too mechanically inclined to build my own and how about tuning is it hard with itb's thanks and sorry about the first post i was a bit excited and didn't think to see the post before posting

·
Registered
512 Posts
Slow down !!! Use interpunction, it helps us to unravel the stream of words. ;)

Anyway, I see a $$$ and very nice build coming up if you go down that route, but I'd go ITB or sidedraft carb on such an engine. Don't blow money on an IM with TB if you'll go that far (sleeving, Bisi stage 3, etc...). ITB's you can tune via crome on an OBD1 ecu.
If you wanna stay OBD0, Zdyne is outdated. TurboEdit is what all of the OBD0 guys use now.

·
Premium Member
17 Honda Civic Si
6,997 Posts
Wow, sort out your first post... and we will go from there.

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys here is is in a nut shell i am building a d16a6 to go n/a i wanted to know if the stock bottom end internals are good enough in a sleeved block
if not then where can i find the necessary parts

also zdyne what do you guys think? like i said before i don't care about money for this build so price is not my concern

also dh racing i see someone said itb's cool where can i find some or carbs for this build i am not too mechanically inclined to build my own and how about tuning is it hard with itb's thanks and sorry about the first post i was a bit excited and didn't think to see the post before posting

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry can we not loose site of what i'm asking?

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
tuning is complicated with carbs...stock internals are fine up to a point, but if you have a sleeved block, i would want to make it bullet proof, and get at least a set of rods.

·
Registered
879 Posts
sorry can we not loose site of what i'm asking?
loose site or lose sight!

j/k with you.

anyways, you want to sleeve the block and run the stock bottom end?

Sleeving the block is not needed unless you want to run a big bore piston for extra displacement

·
Registered
512 Posts
Tuning ITBs is pretty hard, but you can make them yourself from a hacked up stock IM (runners and flange) with some bike throttles on there (CBR 954 or the like). There are DIY threads on here and on HMT that show how.

You can get forged rods from all kinds of sources : just check out some of the shops like RSmachine and Exospeed, they carry them. Even Summit Racing carries forged internals for a D16a6.

Basically you're describing a $5000 160-170whp build with the overbored sleeves etc...

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
its a n/a d i dont think you need to worry about snapping a rod on it
arp rod bolts stock a6 rods get them shot peaned
arp head studs and p29s will be fine in the bottom end

but since its sleeved and your not worried about money fuck it tt rods and some 11:1 pistons and toss a 100shot on that bitch

·
Registered
512 Posts
but since its sleeved and your not worried about money fuck it tt rods and some 11:1 pistons and toss a 100shot on that bitch
You can do better than a 100 shot I think... I'm planning a 250 progressive DP shot on mine once it's built.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
You can do better than a 100 shot I think... I'm planning a 250 progressive DP shot on mine once it's built.
hope you got some sticky ass slicks lol 100shot puts me in the seat pretty damn good all you need on the street is a 1.6sohc with a mild head on a 100shot put about everything to shame lol

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am going to run eagle rods with bisimoto pistons and i talked to rs and they are going to knife edge, balance , and micro polish the crank as well as sleeve bore and hone the block is that going to be enough or am i missing something?

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
i am going to run eagle rods with bisimoto pistons and i talked to rs and they are going to knife edge, balance , and micro polish the crank as well as sleeve bore and hone the block is that going to be enough or am i missing something?
whats your goals with this motor man i mean damn seems like your spending a SHIT LOAD of money to not go fast

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
what do you mean? i am confused what do you suggest
you sleeve a sohc block for a n/a motor and forged internals on a n/a motor to make the same power you will using stock rods on p29 pistons.

a n/a d block dose not need sleeving nor forged pistons or rods,

if you want to run nitrous on the block as well then ya forged internals would be a good idea

your going to spend a shit load of money for the same results. n/a you'll probally pull 160 maybe 170whp with a realllllllyyyy good tune

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh i was considering running nitrous i have a kit from nytrex triple threat system but i wanted to see what i was going to do first all motor

·
Registered
honda si ef
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
not true..high enough compression and revs require sleeving, or at least posting your block
well like i tried to say in the first rant post i put up i am running high compression pistons and a stage 3 bisimoto cam hence the questions about the block but what about tuning? what is everyone using and z dyne what you think?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts