Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna use the d16a6 bottom and the z6 head. with esp rods, je slugs, acl brgs, etc. the head with a hot turbo cam and full valvetrain. some other external parts manifold etc. my question is what is this setup capable of as far as whp. dont the stock d series block hold about 300whp at the most with out sleeves. ohh ya i might get a block guard or fill the block.lmk what you think. i need ideas about all of this. its gonna be my first d series build.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seens D16's that push over 500whp boosted, so its all up to your imagination as far as what you want to do, where there is a will there is a way. reppin the D.. oh yea...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it hard to throw a z6 head on an a6 block? For the noob with plans to boost

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive did a mini turbo engine last year and it ripped pretty good for 235k on the block. im not gonna sleeve the block so im gonna push for 275whp. thats enough on the street and the track.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have a built d16a6 with eagle rods, je pistons,and kms block gaurd. I wouldnt push stock sleeves over 300, maby 400 at the track only. but i also have another a6 block that is releeved with a set of crower rods, je pistons, and acl bearings, with a z6 head with stock cam w/ zex/compcams valve springs. I havent put it in anything yet but i would think you could make 4-500hp on ductile iron sleeves and maby even 600 if you got EVERYTHIng done like everything edged and balanced to 9,000rpm and speced rite on race gas. I think enydne made over 400 with a supercharger. Ductile iron sleeves are rated for 40 psi wich would put out alot of hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts