Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be on here somewhere but i didnt see it. My question is, I have 2 D16A6 IMs and one has the tb with it, can i just bolt one straight onto my d15z1?...the reason i ask is becasuse my stock IM has a map sensor on the tb but there is not a spot on the a6 tb or IM for it....just confused really lol. any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the a6 intake manifold will bolt right up to the z1.... the head flange bolt pattern is the same
and as far as the MAP sensor issue? Will i just have to use the z1 tb?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
The A6 IM will fit the Z1 head but the your Z1 TB will NOT fit the A6 manifold.
The A6 uses a firewall mounted map sensor. You might could find one and use it along with the A6 manifold.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The A6 IM will fit the Z1 head but the your Z1 TB will NOT fit the A6 manifold.
The A6 uses a firewall mounted map sensor. You might could find one and use it along with the A6 manifold.
hrrmm...interesting....anyway to do this without getting the firewall mounted one?

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
hrrmm...interesting....anyway to do this without getting the firewall mounted one?
Not that i'm aware of...A6 TB's use a different bolt pattern than 92' and up d-series.
92' and up D's share the bolt pattern of B-series (TB's that is).

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not that i'm aware of...A6 TB's use a different bolt pattern than 92' and up d-series.
92' and up D's share the bolt pattern of B-series (TB's that is).
well crap...almost not worth it then lol...im just tired of having the 1in or 1.5in intake lol....looks really wimpy lol

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
well crap...almost not worth it then lol...im just tired of having the 1in or 1.5in intake lol....looks really wimpy lol
I hear ya. About the only good use for an A6 manifold is for people doing MPFI swaps on 4th gens. Check the classifieds, I'm sure there are lots of peeps here selling Z6 or Y8 manifolds you could use.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear ya. About the only good use for an A6 manifold is for people doing MPFI swaps on 4th gens. Check the classifieds, I'm sure there are lots of peeps here selling Z6 or Y8 manifolds you could use.
lol yea but the lack of money is an issue :wacko:

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
just run the vac line from the A6 tb to your map sensor, and just stick the nipple off the map sensor inside of the vac line.

seen it done a hundred times.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
^ my buddies crx is like this, only problem would be the purge valve right?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Civic Si
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'd suggest a z6 IM/tb if its goin in a 92-95...
yea workin on that. I think I have a trade setup so that might turn out well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts