Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Civic CX HB
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the differences between the a6 and b7 heads? i read somewhere that the cams are interchangeable?

will a b7 distributor bolt on an a6 head?

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
Exact same casting. Difference is the cam and springs.
a lil more in depth

The Heads

The B7 and A6 head are the same casting. The difference between them are the cam and springs. However, Honda ran out of B7 springs in Mid ’93 and had to dig into the A6 surplus. So if you have a mid ’93 and beyond B7 head, you’re already running A6 springs anyway. If you want higher revs (above 7000) with an older B7 head, it’s advised that you upgrade your springs and retainers.

·
Registered
844 Posts
This info has been covered numerous times. Difference is in the cam. Yes cam swap, yes dizzys swap. I have done it a few times and it gives a slight drop in my lap times but I would just send it in for a regrind if your looking for any noticeable power

·
Registered
1992 Civic CX HB
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. i've got a block sitting in the garage i'm going to build.. but needing a head.. wasnt sure if i could use an a6 head or not.

racejunkie, i understand about searching.. sometimes people like me who are way too busy to spend searching through info to find what i needed. I really do appreciate the info though.

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
thanks guys. i've got a block sitting in the garage i'm going to build.. but needing a head.. wasnt sure if i could use an a6 head or not.

racejunkie, i understand about searching.. sometimes people like me who are way too busy to spend searching through info to find what i needed. I really do appreciate the info though.
Not trying to hate, but on like the first or second page is Nasty Canasta's amazing write up on this exact thing.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts

I guess I'm too busy to help on my findings from over a decade ago, like 1998 or so.

:exnbpslap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts