Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
I just did the basic setup. Take off .030", run a y8 head gasket and that ends up being 10:1

·
Registered
725 Posts
I took off .075. Buts its not going to be a streetable motor.

·
Registered
177 Posts
So, .030 and a Y8 gasket yields 10:1? What's the max you can take off before you have to worry about clearences? .070????? How bout for the belt slipping teeth?

·
Registered
251 Posts
shaved

there was a post on here or on sohchonda.com that showed the amount of timing retard that you got from shaving/milling. i think it was one degree for every 0.012 milled, which with every tooth being 8 degrees you'll need a cam gear to get timing back to tdc. and you can just tighten the tensioner if you need to compensate for the small amount slack in the timing belt.

if you read this before the edit, i forgot that when dropping an a6 cam in a b2/b7 that the cam is off 1/2 a tooth or 4 deg, not 2 deg like mine, but then mine was milled 0.024.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
each tooth on the camgear on a single cam is like 11.75 degrees or something like that...

when you shave your head alot.. theres timing belt fitment issues to worry about

·
Registered
1991 crx dx
221 Posts
i've heard .60 at most with stock parts but reliability goes way down, personally i would say no more than .40 with stock parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts