Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I really like the idea of a white valve cover, I'm still tossing my options around between black, white, or media blasted raw.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm real interested in how it holds up over time, is it paint or powder coat?

Where yours is sanded to raw on the emblem I am thinking I would paint the emblem/lettering in white on the black valve cover and black on the white one. For the raw one I think I would try to go for the shaved smooth look and have no emblem or lettering at all.

I'm here to see this come together.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Got valve cover finished one step closer...
I really like the idea of a white valve cover, I'm still tossing my options around between black, white, or media blasted raw.
I had a white VC once hated it.

Every time you work under the hood you place your hands or a tool on the VC at some point leaving oily or greasy stains on it I have only had black since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I also like the black valve cover. And this is high temperature paint. I took it all the way down. High temp primer, high temp white, then high temp clear. And I shaved the letters off with a razor before I shot the clear. If you do that be super careful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Found some factory honda pistons that are oversized .25mm (.010) on hondapartsnow.com. Think I'll be going with them, with stock rods. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
have you heard of the y49 curse?

Holy shit. Hah! This is EXACTLY what I thought of the moment I saw the car on the trailer. Too funny, man.

This drummer I knew bought one...and I said, "Good luck, man."...He had no idea what I was talking about. Two years later, it still wasn't on the road. Stuff kept popping up and keeping the thing inoperable.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
Looking good.

If you’re going to assemble the engine and trans outside the car and drop it all in together, you may want to take the engine wiring harness out of the bay so you can hook everything up while the engine is out of the car. Then you’ll only have to plug in the two harness connectors and the resistor box once the engine is in.

·
Premium Member
18,607 Posts
Those charts are misleading.

If you tune it correctly then there’s no reason for low compression. At some point, when your dynamic compression ratio gets high enough, you’ll reach the knock limit of the fuel and will either need higher octane fuel, reduced timing, or a lower dynamic compression ratio to avoid detonation.

Truth. Running 10.2:1 CR and have a turbo. Tuning is key.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sad to say someone rear ended my daily (06 honda civic) it was a hit and run. So what am saying is I unfortunately have to go a little different route to speed up the process. I hope to be up and running in two weeks. Another d16a6 I picked up with other parts for $300. Hate to do it. Now I have to clean it all up and put all new seals in it.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 56 Posts