Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic dx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my setup:

Dsm t25 , fmu 12:1, ex 255 pump, stock inj.
1g bov, gvr-4 fmic, check valve, mbc @ 8-9psi, 2.5 turbo back exhaust, ngk cold plugs, turbo timer, misc gauges, short shifter etc.

152.HP & 153.TQ with a 13.33-12.88 air/fuel not bad for a FMU completely untuned. 4 pulls on tha dyno

cant wait to put this in and new 2.5 ic piping along wit arp's, new head gasket

·
Registered
Mostly the 91 CRX
1,329 Posts
is that what you wanted to get out of it?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
good numbers for basic setup....nice tq.!! but a little too lean for me and be sure to give us pics when u put that intercooler in.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
invest in a TurboEdit chipped PM6 and a wideband and do some tuning. ive never trusted FMUs, plus you will have full control over your setup. you should be seeing higher numbers than that

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
rock that fmu setup. haha that adds fuel to my "FMU's are awsome" fire. Im a believer in the fmu because i have seen first hand how good they can be given the right precautions. Heres a great example.

props to you pal..

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Photonic_Si said:
rock that fmu setup. haha that adds fuel to my "FMU's are awsome" fire. Im a believer in the fmu because i have seen first hand how good they can be given the right precautions. Heres a great example.

props to you pal..
i wouldnt say a great example when he could pushing 190whp with TE setup, bigger injectors.

·
Registered
97 civic dx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ryan89crx said:
invest in a TurboEdit chipped PM6 and a wideband and do some tuning. ive never trusted FMUs, plus you will have full control over your setup. you should be seeing higher numbers than that
i thought about that to.. but im not sure how serious i was going to get with this turbo setup. this turboedit program. what gains can i get out of it as in specs any info would be great.....im a dsm guy so im not to familiar with chipping ecu's and all that im a noob when comes to honda's. im basicly going off a dsm setup basic, studs, gasket and lower compression, and i ran fmu's on other domestic setups. thats why i chose to run it now.

thank for the feedback to.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
crxsit said:
i thought about that to.. but im not sure how serious i was going to get with this turbo setup. this turboedit program. what gains can i get out of it as in specs any info would be great.....im a dsm guy so im not to familiar with chipping ecu's and all that im a noob when comes to honda's. im basicly going off a dsm setup basic, studs, gasket and lower compression, and i ran fmu's on other domestic setups. thats why i chose to run it now.

thank for the feedback to.
basically full control over your whole fuel and timing, able to get desired AFRs to increase power, and be safe at the same time. http://www.turboedit.org/ or the forums at www.pgmfi.org

O

·
0 Posts
I recommend if he goes that route, that he finds a pro shop that knows the system and can do the base tuning for him to start off with if nothing else.

·
Registered
97 civic dx
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
oscarmayer said:
I recommend if he goes that route, that he finds a pro shop that knows the system and can do the base tuning for him to start off with if nothing else.
yeah i think ill give it a shot. i got a good sum of money to play around with this month and next. ill keep you guys posted for sure with the progress. starting with the engine bay.. got some cleaning to do in there :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts