Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i've tried to search but i didn't really find a answer....

so i try with a post

I have a friend that is going to sell his clutch from clutchnet. He has the d16a6.. Will his clutch fit my d16z6?

Hopeful to get some answeres

Thanx

·
Registered
93 Posts
they are right, 90-91 clutch and flywheel fit any 92-00 D serie engine, the only thing that wont fit in a clutch kit for civic 92+ with a 90-91 is the bearing if i remember,

i know this because i do have a stage 1 exedy clutch from a civic 99 on my 91 cable tranny :D

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
ART-SWE said:
thanx all !!

gonna check it out !
the bearing is different i believe; the older ones have the two little arms on them and i believe the pressure plate might be different between cable and hydro...reason being, on a cable setup, your foot does all the work, where as on a hydro, the hydraulic pressure and the slave cyl. do the work, so i'd guess that the fingers on the diaphragm are a different geometry between the two types...

the flywheels are all the same tho.

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
'08 Mazdaspeed3
2,469 Posts
builthatch said:
the bearing is different i believe; the older ones have the two little arms on them and i believe the pressure plate might be different between cable and hydro...reason being, on a cable setup, your foot does all the work, where as on a hydro, the hydraulic pressure and the slave cyl. do the work, so i'd guess that the fingers on the diaphragm are a different geometry between the two types...

the flywheels are all the same tho.
BTW, i have a Competition Clutch stage 1 and light steel flywheel combo for sale for $350 plus shipping; i've already sold two on this board...fitment is hydro apps only.

C

·
0 Posts
it's the 88 crx si that you gotta watch out for.

i helped my buddy put in an ACT stage 3 clutch that was from an 89 crx si into his 94 ex, he used the z6 tranny on a d15b motor.

·
Registered
556 Posts
88= diffrent splin count and smaller diameter
89= same splin count as 90+civic and smaller diameter
90-00= same spline count and same diameter

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
calboi510 said:
it's the 88 crx si that you gotta watch out for.

i helped my buddy put in an ACT stage 3 clutch that was from an 89 crx si into his 94 ex, he used the z6 tranny on a d15b motor.

any problems?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts