Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey welcome fellow dirt tracker!Cant believe the rules say non adj.cam gear but let you run a larger cam.Nuts.How much money you want to spend?If you want to spend $300 on a cam call bizi.He will special cut you a cam for circle track racing.You can get more out a special cut cam than the average zex or crower on the oval.Gotta get springs too.Look to spend about $500for the kit.Stock retainers will work.3 angle= $160+.Without pnp i wouldnt bother with the 3 angle.I have never seen an offset key way set for honda myself.Use an ls throttle body .And of course the TUNE.Hope you aren't racing in my area.lol.Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im in Canada...ive raced at Evans Mills NY a few times i really liked that track what do you run man?

·
Registered
862 Posts
A z6 in a 94 ex.Havn't made it up there yet.It's an hour and a half north of me and i have one track 5 mins down road and two other 30 min away.All our tracks are changing all kinds of rules around.And evans mills is going asphault.Go to raceny.com.for all the info.
Do you run a lightweight fly wheel?I love mine for exiting the corners.Gets the r's up faster.And a welded diff.FTW.
have you made any decisions on a cam yet?Stage 2 or 3?What do they charge for a 3 angle up there.And how do you plan to tune?

·
Registered
862 Posts
too easy for techs to check.just take off intake and look inside.If you you win too much that is.Internal engine components take more time.Gotta litterally take the engine half apart and in most cases remove it.They wont bother.They will just do a compression check and if you are well over 225 or 250 psi you are abviously above stock limits.Then they might check the internals.Fly wheel is checked by removing the starter.Easy check.
Three years of circle track racing i have never seen any one tore down.Even the ones who win every week.
I read some where that if you port match and open the ports up you can touch it up with miratic acid.It will take of the shine on the initial opening of the port.So the PnP.wont be obvious but you will have increased flow further down the port and bowl area.I ran a PnP head on one of my cars two years and i was never checked.Without tunning i believe it isnt even worth it on a honda from what i have researched.Get the right suspension set up in that rex and you will run up front.

·
D-series Janitor
1,220 Posts
does the tech know what he /she is looking for?
sounds like a no.

Just about anyone I have helped in circle-track stuff (I am by no means a circle guy) the biggest difference came from suspension tuning.

5-10hp wasn't a big deal even in the late model car I helped out with a few times. Yes, they wanted the power but the biggest increases in time came with learning the track and changing weight in the corners and other suspension tuning tools.

I wouldn't ever push the rules that hard unless you exhausted all other options suspension wise . . .

in which case you can sandblast the ports when you are done porting them. :bigok:

·
Registered
889 Posts
last year i was runnin a sinlge cam zc against a 2.2l f22b dual cam (in an accord 1992) i mean i weigh alot less so i can kinda keep with him but i cant make a move on him and once he is by he really walks away.

Is this Terry and I'm going to assume the Accord you are trying to catch is the one of Sopaz and you run at Brighton????:bigok:

·
Registered
862 Posts
LOL.I was waiting for you to chime in on this one bake82.Knew you ran somewhere up that way.88cr-rex is right on the money.Suspension is key.But we all yearn for more power!!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well it looks like the OP doesn't want to talk about this. If the OP is Terry, I do not run against you, but have bought stuff off you!! or if you run at brighton, again I don't run against you and wouldn't care what you build!! GO FOR IT!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts