Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday i was pullin my motor apart and stumbled across the black box on the back of the block... now wat does it do and can i eliminate it?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
No reason to remove it if you are going to use the stock PCV system, and there is really no reason NOT to use the PCV system unless its an FI motor or something along those lines. just clean it, replace the o-ring, and put it back in the block

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No reason to remove it if you are going to use the stock PCV system, and there is really no reason NOT to use the PCV system unless its an FI motor or something along those lines. just clean it, replace the o-ring, and put it back in the block
does fi mean forced induction??? if so im boosting this motor and i wanna put a catch can as well.. can someone kinda explain how to i know how to hook the catch can up to the valve cover but wat line do i run to replace the black box?

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
that cost too much bro
sorry was just showing examples of other catch cans, im sure you can go the cheap route and make one that works good too. good luck :TU:

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
that cost too much bro
well if you want to play you have to pay. no way around it... anyway here...

so i was in the cross in getting a catch can at one time but then mike(97midorihatch/wick) crack the black box, it is kind a OEM catch can, well i just got a new one insead..

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
The black box is a baffled OEM catch can. It lets air pass from the crank case and attempts to keep liquid oil from going with it. It does its job well and is not a weight problem, so why not just just leave it be? :bigok:

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
that cost too much bro
If a catch can is to rich for your blood, you might want to leave your car stock and forget modding beyond I/H/E.

F.I builds are'nt cheap unless you like buying e-gay turbo kits that fall apart after 20 miles.

·
Registered
90 civic, 97 altima
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well im not being a cheap ass about it ya now i like the homade catch can... also i do have a legit turbo setup already greddy tdo4h with a front mount nun of that ebay crap!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts