Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my d16a6 and I have ls rods laying around I'm considering having them machined to fit when I take the block to be done I'm looking to push 250 to 275 max hp.... anyone have any experience using b18 rods in d16 block

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
theres a few threads around here with pics of block notching. What pistons were you planning on using to get to this 250-275 level

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D16a6 pistons with a z6 head or y7 head preferably z6 head it's going to be turbo I have a 16g I plan on using

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I forget his name, but the guy with the T25 CRX in florida did this, afaik, it's working well for him. it's a well known setup and LS' are good for 300whp bone stock.

while you have them out, spend the $40 on the ARP rod bolts and you're definitely set to take anything a 16g will put out

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definetly arp rod bolts . the machinist I use is very a reasonable old timer this should save me some money. On the build

·
Registered
844 Posts
Definetly arp rod bolts . the machinist I use is very a reasonable old timer this should save me some money. On the build
negative

go to a shop that works mainly on import engines. they are not to hard to find but a good rule to go with is if you can see more than one SBC, SBF, BBC, BBF, or anything mopar related you need to turn and run away...

even a 25 year old Honda block is a spaceship to some shops out there

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what u are saying but the guy knows his stuff does it all Hondas. To diesel and really heavy equipment . I'm going to assemble he. Is just machining rods to fit. Hot tanking block . And honing cylinders and giving me the specs so I know what bearings and rings to.order

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
i have them in my d15b with vitaras.
when ls rods are used, they are TYPICALLY bushed for floating pin pistons.
using bushed rods for pressed pin pistons is not a good idea.

·
Registered
95 ej2
731 Posts
Just use A different piston thats floating. I imagine what buzzbomb is talking about is it may be a reliability issue to have A pressed pin with the bushed rods on the small end. But maybe he can confirm.

I remember shoebox talking about using floating pg6b's from NPR. Their like the same price as vitara's. Try em out and let us know how it goes.

Or just go with good old vitara's.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
the vitara has been cost-reduced to the point of not being good anymore

the PG6B has a fundamentally better piston crown design and properly spaced valve reliefs

of course, the only thing about PG6Bs is they're higher compression unless you use the inferior notec a6/b2/b7 head.

by staying with the pressed pin OEM style rod, you can use any OEM replacement piston

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
What's wrong with vitaras? YCP vitaras are still very good.. And very affordable.. You can grab a set for 150 or below.. The others brand vitaras are not as good though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts