Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i was checking around summit after ordering an edelbrock header for dirt cheap and I saw they had the arias pistons for a D16a6 on clearance for $291.50 so i did some researching and and calculation. So I wanted to know if my calculations were corrected the those pistons will yield a 11.9:1 CR on a D16y8 with a y8 2 layer headgasket.

The summit part number is ARA-3330000-NR

and the specs for that pistons from Arias Website are:

Dome Top
Bore: 75.05
Compression Height: 1.166
Dome cc: -0.3
Estimated CR on a stock D16a6 Head: 10.5:1
Gram Weight: 242

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I'm using those same pistons in my A6. Your calculations are about right. CR for those ranges from 10.5-12.0:1 depending on head/gasket combo.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
clay the motor. I'm running stock .040 over d16a6 pistons on a y8 head with .032 removed from the assembly. I'm running 11.2:1 CR. I don't have any problems with the valves, but any closer, or a more aggressive cam then tmy stage 2, and I would clay. The valve reliefs are not the same on the non vtec piston, as the vtec valve locations.

·
Registered
EK 96
422 Posts
Good deal a bought mine for 300.00.....and a have a D16Y8 and making 138 and know working with the EMS......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clay the motor. I'm running stock .040 over d16a6 pistons on a y8 head with .032 removed from the assembly. I'm running 11.2:1 CR. I don't have any problems with the valves, but any closer, or a more aggressive cam then tmy stage 2, and I would clay. The valve reliefs are not the same on the non vtec piston, as the vtec valve locations.
Yeah some guys on honda-tech had metioned about valve reliefs but i'm just going to run the same cam if not a crower stage two cuz this car is going to be set up for the street. So you don't think i'll run into problems i mean i'll just keep the headgasket complete to keep the piston a bit lower instead of removing one of the layers.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
As long as you guys talk to Tom Jung over there at ARIAS he will let you know EXACTLY what you need to run.
Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts