Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 integra im just wondering what the diff is between the d16a1 and the zc. I know the zc have about 130-137 hp and that the d has about 118 but what make the add hp thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so would it be worth getting a zc or just getting skunk2 cams and intake

·
Registered
344 Posts
you cant fit the zc into that year integra. the engine mounts are different. they do make an 1g 86-87 zc, but it will require a bunch of wiring changes..that motor will be a downgrade for your car. you can however buy a newer dohc zc head, and put it onto your d16a1 block.

are you sure they make skunk 2 cams for the d16a1??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no im not i email them and havnt gotting any back from them

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
as far as i know, the only aftermarket cams for ZC are regrinds. i could be wrong, but im positive that Skunk does NOT offer them.

if you want to have the same performance as the ZC, get some ZC cams and maybe the IM

·
Registered
371 Posts
staticchmbr said:
you cant fit the zc into that year integra. the engine mounts are different. they do make an 1g 86-87 zc, but it will require a bunch of wiring changes..that motor will be a downgrade for your car. you can however buy a newer dohc zc head, and put it onto your d16a1 block.

are you sure they make skunk 2 cams for the d16a1??
Yeah a 86-87 zc would require you to convert from electronic advanced timing to vacuum advanced timing. There is a 1g blacktop zc as well. Getting a 1g 88-89 zc or civic zc dohc head will bolt onto your d16a1.

Or you could do what I told you and just install the zc cams into your d16a1 head for the hp difference and same the money for i/h/e.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts