Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im trying to put a d15b2 into a integra 89 ls(that has d16a1) and im a beginer i need help. i know that is less horse power and i know that its dual point and the d16 is multi port. i got the motor for 100 bucks. can someone help i need to know if i can put my intake man from my integra i dont have money right now so i need cheep fix fast and all so ive been told that the transmissions are the same

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
IM won't work. Trans.....not too sure. I think they can be made to work.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
tranz will work .... intake manifold will not.. find a d16a6 maniflold it should work ...also dizzy is diffrent ecu should work

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I was under the impression one of the starter bolts wouldn't line up or some shit.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
this is were u need to ask

g1teg.org

·
Registered
93 Posts
you can rig the trany o but one of the starter bolts wont line up and some of the bell housing bolts wont line up from the trany to the motor but it can be done. also the intake mani deff wont work but the d16a6 intake mani throttle body and fuel rail will work. the rcu will work and go better then the stock 1.5 ecu... also you are gonna need the dizzy off the d16a6 motor. you will have to rewire it cuz the cam sensor is external on the d16a1 but the wires are all the same color except there is 2 white wires so just hook them all up and leave the 2 white ones untaped or how ever you plan on doing them then try starting it if it doesnt start then swap the white ones and it should fire right up. if you do get this all together its gonna give you more options for later on like a head swap obd1 swap ect... also you are gonna have to use the flywheel from the d16a1 and should prob buy a new clutch for it too. the motor mount is gonna need a little rigging but can be done. your really only gonna lose about 12hp if that cuz the d16a1 motor is 112hp and the d15 with multi port swap is about 100hp but with the a1 ecu prob about 105hp so really you aint gonna lose much but you will have more options in the long run

1 - 11 of 11 Posts