Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

Im new here and I hope you can help me. I read in one of the threads about N/A that you can put D16A1 pistons in a D16Z6 engine.

Now I have found this on ebay are they okey to put in my engine or is it to high dome on them?

Kind Regards Erik / Sweden

·
Registered
120 Posts
ya you can put them in, itll give you rather high compression tho, something like 12.0ish, premium fuel and little tuning would prolly be nessicary.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yea those will fit, and I haven't heard anthing bad about NPR pistons. I've similar (but Honda OEM PM7) pistons in my engine too.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Just use OEM head gasket with them, swedish 98E will be fine. My engine worked very well with those PM7 pistons, OEM head gasket and even with stock cam. Might need some ecu-tuning, though..

·
Registered
879 Posts
just so you know I don't think the sale is for the pistons, it says piston ring set like a million times and even gives the dimensions of the piston rings if you read the description. If I'am wrong I will buy them since I myself am looking for p29 pistons

·
Registered
269 Posts
I have talked to them and it includes the pistons and rings.
Thank you all for the help!!
Humm... according to their engrish, I think its one set of pistons with rings and another set of rings! =)

"This package includes:

* 4 pieces of pistons w/ rings
* 1 complete set of piston rings"

I have noticed that this site works like shit, I get different results every time with the same setup.
I haven't programmed any kind of randomizer into it... should be the same every time. I did recently update the vitara info though... but if you're getting different results, you must be changing something.

I got 12.03:1 for a d16z6, stock z6 head gasket, no milling or decking and p29 pistons.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.