Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rite now i have a 1987 civic hatch with a 1.6l dohc engine swap and i have a couple of d16a1 engines i would like to bore out and build up i was wonderin what hind of mods i can do and what sizes and upgrades i can use

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would like to make as much power as i can without doin a turbo, bigger pistons, hotter cams, intake, throttle body, but i dont know much about these engines yet and i dont know how far i can bore it out, the guy i bought the car from said when he rebuilt the engine he used the domed pistons out of a newer d16a1 with the older rods.... and budget really isnt an issue the engine in it runs its just has alot of miles on it im just buildin a back up for when it blows............and thanx for that site mindless i got some readin to do

·
Registered
10 Posts
looking for any and all info n specs for the "D16A1" any help guys??? to be more detailed ... i currently have a 5'speed 1987 D16A1 M/T integra and during a roadtrip lol long one i seemed to blow out my 5th'GEAR meaning ....i can put the can into 5th and its the same as neutral!!! lol goneeeeeee amazingly i can still drive the car around from point A" to point B" but needed it fixed if i ever plan on roadtrippin again.... so my second question is if i cant fix the manual transmission on the D16A1 ....what would be my other options....????? or would it be easier to just open my transmission and replace the 5th'GEAR with an Upgrade....? ive done some homework but an looking for sure answers so neeeeeeeed feed'back hahaha thanks guys...... G1 1987*intgra^LS............>>>>>>>>>[/B][/B]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts