Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, i been looking for a while. I have a Civic 1994 Ex with a Jdm D16A Vtec engine. The engine took me about half a days research to find out that it really is from japan. Now the problem that I have is that I want to make my car stick shift. its an automatic. I been looking around and found that D16a might needs a few mods to put in a tranny? What type of tranny do you guys recommond. Will it need any mods? I know i need the other things besides the tranny. I just want to know If i will be able to find one for the D16a that will fit perfect. Thanks guys.

Anything else? Just ask.:banana sex:

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the quick responds. So a civic 92-00 tranny will put fit. Hydro clutch setup up. Will do a little more research with that in mind. Thx ; still open to other suggestions if anyone else has some.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Look on this site through the DIY forum and others have done the auto to manual swap before and it is pretty straight forward but take a look at some of the threads on it to make sure you have everything you need. If this is your only car then it wouldn't be a good idea to try and tackle this in a weekend unless you have done stuff like this before.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the links, Very helpful. I do know that i might have to chip my ecu or get one already for an manual. And i have a friend that will help me do it. I know the basic about converting. Its a fun project. I was just wondering if there would be any problems since the D16a isnt quite fully known. But i think an Ex tranny 92-00 will fit. Also, can you give me a little more insight of the hydro clutch setup.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Use any 92-00 clutch set you want. What insight are you looking for exactly. If just a stock motor or bolt ons added I would use a exedy kit or a centerforce dual friction setup (I have this and love it).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts