Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i snapped a rod in my block so i bought a rebuilt d16a non vtec motor. then i had my head from my d16z6 rebuilt and then i tossed the old block. now ive been told the new block will increase torque and my head will have the same horsepower. also been told its a "mini me" swap. if true how much torque increase will i have and how good are these motors for stock boosting.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
not sure who told you about the increase in torque but it will prob not increase very much...

that particular setup you have a d16a with a z6 head gives about a 9.7:1 compression, kinda high if you want to boost. if you do want to it, get so vitara pistons should lower the compression to about 8.5:1

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'm guessing you have the d16a6 block and wanting to slap your vtec head onto the a6 block. I'm guessing it should give out a little more power over the z6 since the a6/z6 combo will give higher compression than a regular z6. These combo are as good as any other motor as long as you know how to put it togather. Just look at my y7/z6 mini me turbo in my sig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, bad news. my timing belt snapped about 4 hours ago. and my friend telling my that when his snapped his motor was shot. what are the chances that my brand new rebuilt motor is done for? and i was only going 20mph... and if it is shot i have a turbo for sale... :-/ :skull:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
x2, bet there bent, or the pistons are scarred up.

I'll take the turbo, if it's a setup (kit) and you're selling at a good price! :p
First of all both you noob's need to chill about buying shit untill you get 65 posts! :hammer:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts