Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys

so a few months ago i spun all rod bearings, on my d16z6. i micropolished the cranck at the shop,

but when i masured the cranck it seems like i'm getting .003" clearance which is alot, so now i might get a complete 1997 D16A engine and rebuild it,

i know that all the parts are interchangeable but i was wondering if sombody knows if the d16a cranck is the same as a d16z6/9 zc? does it have two holes for lubrication or only one like the y8?

thanks

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Are you referring to the rod journals in relation to the crank journals. You should be able to buy oversized bearings to get your clearances back within spec.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant find a shop that sells oem bearings. plus, i herd that some of the oem bearing colors were discontinued,

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
You need undersized not oversized bearings.

You need to confirm the journals are round. If they are worn enough to give big clearance, they are likely also worn oval.

Oval will create more problems than loose.

While 0.003" is a lot and far from ideal, it can still be run. I would use 20W50 oil if I had 0.003" bearing clearance.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You need undersized not oversized bearings.

You need to confirm the journals are round. If they are worn enough to give big clearance, they are likely also worn oval.

Oval will create more problems than loose.

While 0.003" is a lot and far from ideal, it can still be run. I would use 20W50 oil if I had 0.003" bearing clearance.

i know that the journals are round, the cranck was inspected by me twice and my machinest also masured it before the micropolish.

does acl make undersized bearings?

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
OEM Honda are the only people I ever saw make fractional under sizes to juggle clearance on a std crank.

All other under sizes I ever saw are for crank journals that are reground under size, typically 0.010, 0.020, 0.030 and 0.040" under size. I expect ACL offer this

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OEM Honda are the only people I ever saw make fractional under sizes to juggle clearance on a std crank.

All other under sizes I ever saw are for crank journals that are reground under size, typically 0.010, 0.020, 0.030 and 0.040" under size. I expect ACL offer this
hi,

i read that most of the common honda bearings were discontinued, :(

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Call your Honda dealer and find out for sure instead of listening to rumours on the internet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts