Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from Trinidad, I have a D15B 3stage vtec w/ CVT tranny. It has CAI, Headers, 2" exaust, no CAT slight compression increase from different pistons(p2J's to P2C's). I added an adjustable fuel pressure regulator just in case.

I am getting a deal on a D16A DOHC non vtec complete with gearbox, axels, shifter and linkages, ECU blah blah blah.

I want to know if the SOHC head will bolt to the DOHC block and what else would be needed to get this sucker to run well or better.

By the way, my current setup hauls arse like a mofo.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
ahh sorry my man, it will not work, the coolant galleys are way off, and do not line up, in all honesty stick with ur current set up, the best your going too get unless u wanna swap the whole motor out. plus who doesn't love 3 stage vtec, i love how they have 2 solenoids, i would trick the hell out of some people here if i had that.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks. I guess I'll just buy it for the gearbox.
And yeah the 3 stage is cool, I was going to swap the cam and kill the 12 valve mode but the lil green econo light is just so cool; knowing that you saving more gas and still able to smack SR20's (stock auto).

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
swap out the whole D15 and smack sr20s auto turbo and manual NA ones, stock or not.

In any case, the DOHC has the top end. More so than any onecam honda motor. Trust me, ive had 3 single cammers and my first DOHC just levels them all. Its great, and sounds tits. VTEC is overated.....long live the D, to kill the B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts