Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone :smile: I'm building my d16-z6 now and I found a zc cranck shaft thats polished and balanced for a really good price. but i just wanted to make sure that it will fit in the z6 block first?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
check the sizes of the main jounals for the two engines, if it's the same then yeah it will fit...

i would advice you to search

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
i would suggest you measure your main journals...you might have to do a line hone/bore. If you have the z6 crank for your motor, use it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks i'll do that. Yeah I searched all over the web and couldnt find any info about it, I even talked to the guys at the local import shop but they didnt know. i'll do some more searching and see if i can findout.

Thanks! Justin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got the cranckshaft and it fits good. But the snout is a 22mm and my original one was 24mm. I did some more research on this and so far i found out that 88 and older d-series engines have cranckshafts with a 22mm snout and in 89 or so up to 2000 they changed em to 24mm and that the oil pump and seal is the same size on either one.
So i just gotta get a 22mm cranck gear with the same amount of teeth and i should be good to go! Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good luck finding that crank gear and pulley.

Like finding a needle in a haystack!
Lol yeah i hope i can find one, if not i'll just have one made. do u kno if any one makes underdrive pulleys for that size crank?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Make sure you get the right crank/cam pulley combo. If not you will bend valves on the first startup. Turn the motor all the way over a couple of revolutions to make sure nothing binds, otherwise you risk your complete build. It has been years since i had to overcome this problem, so unfortunately I can not remember which was which...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure you get the right crank/cam pulley combo. If not you will bend valves on the first startup. Turn the motor all the way over a couple of revolutions to make sure nothing binds, otherwise you risk your complete build. It has been years since i had to overcome this problem, so unfortunately I can not remember which was which...
Yeah thats something that I do not want happening to my motor! lol I already have a z6 cam gear (38 teeth) So as long as i get a gear that has the same amount of teeth as the original z6 crank gear (19 teeth) it should be fine right?

Thanx for the help Sonictronic!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts