Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the y8 head on a d17a2 block.
having problems with oil and gasket leaks.
so would it be possible to swap the bottom end of 17 with a 16. i know the the stroke is a little more on the 17 but are the two cranks interchangeable.
Also what is the correct ecu to the d16. vtec and 5 speed so it should be p2p-???

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
what is so damn hard about putting "d17 crank in d16 block" inside that glorious search box found on google?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
OBD2 VTEC (not sure whether it's A or B) ECU should be a P2P.
Check your other thread man!

Also D17 block won't work with a D16 head.

D17 Internals will fit in a D16 block though. There's a guy on here who built a turbo D16 stroker with D17 internals. You've got to use the D17 crank/rods/pistons/oil pump (iirc).

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
yeah, the d17 rods are the same length as the d16s, but they are skinnier at the crank

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Found this after a brief google search

How I did it.

Here's my parts list:

D16A6 block
D17A1 crank
D17A1 pistons and rods
D17A1 oil pump
B16A crank pulley

I think I used an A6 pan with a modifed pan gasket to fit the oil pump. I also had to remove a pan stud or two from the pump to fit the pan.

The D16A6 block needed to be notched so the rods would clear.

Pistons sat .045 below the deck if I remember correctly. It was a lot lower than I thought it should be.
Reference

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Ive got the y8 head on a d17a2 block.
having problems with oil and gasket leaks.
so would it be possible to swap the bottom end of 17 with a 16. i know the the stroke is a little more on the 17 but are the two cranks interchangeable.
Also what is the correct ecu to the d16. vtec and 5 speed so it should be p2p-???
block the stock drain ports on the D16 cylinder head that dont line up, then drill and tap the head and run an oil line down to the oil pan for a drain.

problem solved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe you guys have money but i damn sure dont. im trying to figure this shit out and yall cant answer a simple question..

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Easy there Newbile! We're answering your questions (me especially). I'm trying to help you help yourself, learning how to search is literally the GREATEST tool you'll find on this site or find in general.

Also, so far I've answered everything you've asked (in some form or fashion) and it hasn't cost me a RED CENT!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dont think im some punk white boy. im going to stand my ground.
i know youve helped a little and i thank you. a lot of honda ppl ive meet are little argent bit**es so thats y i dont take nothing from them.

i have been searching and ive found answers one place and the next place i look tells me something completely different so im looking for one solid answer.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
maybe you guys have money but i damn sure dont. im trying to figure this shit out and yall cant answer a simple question..
What does having money have to do with you wanting everything handed to you? I'm broke if it matters. You are right about it being a simple question. What's so hard about clicking on the link I gave you and figuring out the compression. awebb already Googled a bunch of info for you. You need to do somethings yourself ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts