Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the turbo for 50 but cant find a compressor map for it its a t3 and all i want is 250whp but a lot of tq down low?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a d16y5 with like 68k on it a rebuilt y7 head and y8 intake manifold all stock lol want to do auto cross in my crx

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would not jump to the conclusion that it will meet your goals. There is several different .48 .42 T3 turbos. The .48 represents exhaust housing AR and .42 represents compressor housing AR. Neither of these are indicative of the horsepower potential. Only the turbo's compressor trim will be exact in that sense.

Having said that there is 40 trim, 45 trim, 50 trim T3 turbos. There is also a uber rare 35 trim but I would highly doubt that is the turbo you have since it only came on European models. Most likely you have the 50 trim and if this is the turbo you have then 250hp is reasonably safe hp level. It is at its limts though but it should give you a nice wallop of torque.

If it is either the 45 trim or 40 trim then it is waste if you are serious about your goals. They will safely muster about 200hp and even that is seriously pushing them, especially the 40 trim.

I know I am going to hear that I am crazy when I say this but 250hp is the "SAFE" limit for a stage 1 T3 turbo. Pushing them past this level will result in pumping loss and ultimately a turbo failure.

If you want to know which turbo you have then pop the compressor cover off and measure the inducer or the small part of the compressor. If it is 42.5mm then you have the 50 trim. The 45 trim is 40.5mm and the 40 trim is 37.7mm. There is also a 55 trim T3 but I doubt you have it. I only know one vehicle it came on and it uses a different AR then what you have. Nonetheless its inducer is 44.5mm. The 60 trim is 46.5mm and the super 60 is 48.3mm just in case you are wondering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts