Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody ever ran this. did u like the performance. i used to have a 50shot on a z6 but never got around to the 75 cus i got my turbo. i might be getting rid of the turbo soon cus i got a really good deal i cant resist.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
I love my 85 shot on a stock block Z6.

Just upgrade the fuel, mainly bigger injectors for a safe 75+ shot.

·
No more Honda's :-(
3,223 Posts
yeah i wanna know to. i want to be in the high 12's with my a6/z6 combo. i have a s-afc to adjust the fuel ratio but i don't know if it's needed.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(opinion)I personally think your better off keeping your turbo setup. even with a 75 or 85 shot, the turbo setup properly woudl totaly own the NO2 setup.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oscarmayer said:
(opinion)I personally think your better off keeping your turbo setup. even with a 75 or 85 shot, the turbo setup properly woudl totaly own the NO2 setup.
honestly man. im pretty much maxed out on this set up and i really dont feel like spending more money on this set up just to up the boost 3more lbs or or to blow a motor. i got the turbo set up fairly cheap so i dont mind selling it.at this point in my life id rather have a reliable quick car then a fast car that doesnt stay together more than one pass down the 1320. im starting school soon and i keep taking from my savings ever time my car breaks. i figured if i sell this turbo kit i will have enough for a cam and head work. and plus i wouldnt have to buy bigger injectors or a bigger fuel pump. but i dont know. i think i would really miss the fmic look on my hatch.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well ya could just turn the boost down then. there's no shame in doing that, and since you already have the setup and are runnign fine, why spend more $ or waiste more time on a no2 setup? a no2 setup is nOT more relyable than a turbo set. here's what you "could " do (opinions here) I run a greddy profect-b boost controller and why? the high/low boosting allwos to change between a daily driver setting to a racing setup at the push of a button. you coudl even run a wastegate with a 6lb spring and turn it off to only get 6 lbs, then turn it on to get 8 at low and 10 at high. that's what I used to do with my old setup. this new setup will get 8lbs turned off , 12 low daily and 19 high daily. i'll have to manually adjust the boost up when I dump in race fuel but that's no biggie.

either way, I understand your concerns. I'm jsut thinking of the time to remove and insall a no2 setup. you'll hae to get a header and collector system to fit your car now, and then the no2 setup. no2 setups are at tome more dangerous to your motor than a well setup turbo system due to the chemicals instead of just air.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no2 setups are at tome more dangerous to your motor than a well setup turbo system due to the chemicals instead of just air."

Come on now man, lets stick to facts. A properly tuned nitrous system is of no harm to an engine. Nitrous gets a bad rap because of a lot of the idiots that use it. Fuel and ignition timing are the most important variables in Nitrous car, if these two are taken care of then life will be good...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the problem is the NO2 systems are more acceptable to temp changes than a turbo setup. this if you tune the car with no2 system in lets say 85* weather clear day and then run day that's liek 55* and cloudy, you could end up burning the valves ro blowig holes in the pistons. so that's oe of the biggest reasons i am not a big no2 fan.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
oscarmayer said:
the problem is the NO2 systems are more acceptable to temp changes than a turbo setup. this if you tune the car with no2 system in lets say 85* weather clear day and then run day that's liek 55* and cloudy, you could end up burning the valves ro blowig holes in the pistons. so that's oe of the biggest reasons i am not a big no2 fan.
maybe im not understanding what youre saying...but nitrous bottle pressures go up with temp

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it's not jsut the bottle temp, but also the air temp colder air is more dence, thus your car runs leaner when it's colder and with nitrous being shoved into it when the car was tuned for warmer, your rally leaning it out. right into the danger zones of the parts temp limits.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
honestly the only reason why i would do it is cus i have had real good luck with nitrous. my first car was a 1987gt 5.0 and that stock block took 150shot with nitrous controller about 20times. i went through about 6 bottles before it blew. that was the greatest thing in my life. i miss the raw tq. but on my old hatch(rip) i had a 50shot and i was bottle happy for about 6months and the motor had the same compression as before i installed the nitrous.i have a header and i have all the things necessary to tune the 75shot on the dyno.but i dont know i just ran my car on sunday for the first time and i cant believe what numbers i got.so i might just keep the snail

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would go with the turbo still myself. I have a nx wet kit. It gets expensive after awhile. I have not had my kit that long and I have wasted alot of money on bottle feel ups. Plus I would rather have the power at all times.That is just my .02

1 - 16 of 16 Posts