Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm relativley new to the whole "turbo" game. I've always been an N/A guy. I will be running a D16z6 SOHC setup in my CRX. I will be runnning it OBD-0 with a SI CRX intake manifold and a obd-0 dizzy. My question is, I'll be running around 9psi with a walbro 255lph fuel pump. My question is, What size injectors should I run?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
daveb91 said:
So your running OBD0 how do you activate VTEC? Ghetto rpm switch? The switch will work alright if you use turboedit to tune the air/fuel ratio with dsm 450s.
I will be ordering a Chipped pm6 si crx ecu for the following:

Remaped for Z6
Vtec at 4800
Redline 7400
2step under 10mph at 3500
Turbo Edit.

No switch here :)

DSM 450's? What eclipse did they come out of (year)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Crx vtec SOHCt said:
I will be ordering a Chipped pm6 si crx ecu for the following:

Remaped for Z6
Vtec at 4800
Redline 7400
2step under 10mph at 3500
Turbo Edit.

No switch here :)

DSM 450's? What eclipse did they come out of (year)
Good dont like the switch deal So if your still using the PM6 you will activate vtec through the AC output on the ecu. Correct?
DSM 450s should cost you no more than $50 a set I got mine for $45 they work great.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
skoracing said:
The 1st gen DSM(91-93) injectors have a blue top and a single spray pattern. The 2nd gen DSM(94-99) injectors have a black top and a dual spray pattern.... now rep me.
Thanks, How do I give you rep?

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
The scales button under his name. Don't bother for now, cause you are too new to make a differance. Once your rep power is more than 0, you can give rep.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Richie_A_19 said:
Turbo Edit is like Hondata for OBD0.
Oh good shit and it's free:thehump: I appreciate all of you guys' help. Do you think I will be good with a TurboEdit Tune, DSM 450's, and a 255lph fuel pump as well as an Adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Crx vtec SOHCt said:
One more question. What exactly is Turbo Edit? and should I get a VAFC too
www.turboedit.org
www.pgmfi.org

TE FTW!! works great :TU:

also, you wont need the Walbro for that psi. stockie fuel pump is good for roughly 300. not that id want to run one at that level, but a upgraded pump for such low psi is a little overkill unless you have big plans for upgrades

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ryan89crx said:
www.turboedit.org
www.pgmfi.org

TE FTW!! works great :TU:

also, you wont need the Walbro for that psi. stockie fuel pump is good for roughly 300. not that id want to run one at that level, but a upgraded pump for such low psi is a little overkill unless you have big plans for upgrades

So the stock fuel pump can handle the DSM 450's with no prob? Oh yeah, I'm going to install some ARP headstuds too just to make sure the head won't lift after a while. Cause im sure the stock head studs will wanna stretch..

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Crx vtec SOHCt said:
So the stock fuel pump can handle the DSM 450's with no prob? Oh yeah, I'm going to install some ARP headstuds too just to make sure the head won't lift after a while. Cause im sure the stock head studs will wanna stretch..
yes, im running the stock HF pump with my DSM 450s at 11.5psi on a t3. no issues.
a bud of mine had a 90 DX with a GSR motor running 11.5psi on a .60/.63 t3/t4 on the stock pump with no issues.

ARPs are an excellent idea :TU: as long as you are in there, pull the stock paper HG and put an MLS on

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ryan89crx said:
yes, im running the stock HF pump with my DSM 450s at 11.5psi on a t3. no issues.
a bud of mine had a 90 DX with a GSR motor running 11.5psi on a .60/.63 t3/t4 on the stock pump with no issues.

ARPs are an excellent idea :TU: as long as you are in there, pull the stock paper HG and put an MLS on
Will do:TU: Thanks for all your help. Anything else I oughta do? I don't need the motor in anytime soon for real..I just won't have the money to internally build it, so I want it to be reliable.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Crx vtec SOHCt said:
Will do:TU: Thanks for all your help. Anything else I oughta do? I don't need the motor in anytime soon for real..I just won't have the money to internally build it, so I want it to be reliable.
if its just a mild turbo setup, the only real prep you should do IMO are ARPs

edit: just realized that you are running a z6. the HG should be fine, only the a6 motors had paper HGs. ARPs will do you just fine

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ryan89crx said:
if its just a mild turbo setup, the only real prep you should do IMO are ARPs

edit: just realized that you are running a z6. the HG should be fine, only the a6 motors had paper HGs. ARPs will do you just fine
Good stuff :) I think i might upgrade to a Cometic head gasket any way? any input...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts