Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine is a d16y7 vitara eagle combo walboro 255 pump rc 750 injectors s300 computer and msd 6a ignition box. Heres my problem. I would have to keep foot on gas pedal (not to the floor but to about 1700 rpms) when its cold to keep the car idling or it will stall. Only hold for about 15 seconds or so and it will stay idleing. Car has also had kind of a high idle warm at about 1200 rpms. It would always fire right up when warm without holding foot on pedal. Few days ago i found that my turbo manifold is cracked in two spots and also my flex pipe on my downpipe broke from rest of exhaust. (Been driving like this for a few days. Lastnight the cel came on while driving. Normally i shut car off and on and it goes away. Now its constsnt and will not go away. Could the cracked manifold and broken flex pipe becausing this? Cannot pull codes from s300 because i have new labtop and lost the disk to install software

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,047 Posts
so, your o2 is reading what hella lean so its dumping tons of fuel? so you have to open the throttle for more air? or am I not thinking right

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
sounds likes your being very lazy.

You can download the s300 information from the net. install it and get the code.
You can do the jumper trick and get the cel to flash and get the code.

With your exhaust being crack and if you still have it like that, then more or less the cel is for o2 sensor to lean. But it all depends on what is able and disable in hondata.
It could very well be something else tho.
Who knows. pull the code and find out.

Next when was your car tune? was it warm then?
Its possible the ECT offsets arent correct and your running to lean or rich during warm up and that will cause stalling.
Its also possible to have a bad iacv that is sticking close causing a low idle.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Any exhaust leaks between the exhaust port and the O2 sensor will cause incorrect readings.

Fix that. That can and indeed will cause shitty startup issues.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Sounds like the ect or iat corrections table like Xile said, I have had this issue and adding fuel or subtracting from them ect/iat temp range your in and it should fix the issue. I have also had post fuel start up tables cause this by not giving enough extra fuel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts