Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ran one of these i have the opportunity to but one and i am interested in how it compares to a ge

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I have one! Recently I opened it to put velocity stacks. Actually you have to work around it to be as GE manifold. You can not compare runner opening design (GE already have some sort of stacks) and I had to dremel places where runners meets intake flange..

And lastly.. if you are going around 300whp, then do not even spend your money on sheet metals with big plenum. y8 will work really good!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am shooting for 400whp on pump 93oct but i am having a hard time finding a manifold for what i want to pay

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i guess that answers my question i think i will just stick with a skunk 2 cheap and easy to find and seam to make good power i just hope my tuner has enough balls to take it to 400whp lol

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
ok well i guess that answers my question i think i will just stick with a skunk 2 cheap and easy to find and seam to make good power i just hope my tuner has enough balls to take it to 400whp lol
If you get it for cheap and do some work around it I would go for it. My goal is very similar and I see it start working 350whp and up. In my opinion GE, STR, Venom plenums, runners are too big for small boost aplications.

As for cast I definately would choose Edelbrock over Skunk.

Here are one pic of stacks into Venom intake..

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Find a used Edelbrock. They are better than almost all the other manifolds, though some people will say that the GE manifold will be better for boost. I am not so certain this is the case for a street driven car. But hey, I'm weird and I know it.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Find a used Edelbrock. They are better than almost all the other manifolds, though some people will say that the GE manifold will be better for boost. I am not so certain this is the case for a street driven car. But hey, I'm weird and I know it.
Like I said in a different thread, its all in the tune.
I made 151whp N/A with my STR IM and it was fine to DD.

Edelbrock is decent but STR (GE) is on another level in everyway starting with the quality.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have been looking at the edelbrock but i am putting this in a crx i am worried about the runners being to long and hitting and i just painted my bay and shaved the firewall

·
Registered
765 Posts
i have been looking at the edelbrock but i am putting this in a crx i am worried about the runners being to long and hitting and i just painted my bay and shaved the firewall
Form over function eh? Use the Edelbrock and if it is to long then use a BFH and modify your firewall so it fits!!!:bash:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts