·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Thats alot of trani's ! do u get them 2 for 1 prices ; P

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Do you know where they sell transmission that will fit the d16y8 and handle 300whp? Or if there is a rebuild kit that can handle it?
The weak spot the diff all the gears are just fine. Change the diff to mfactory If you want it to be 100% or take a chance with an obx like I did

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The tranny itself will hold the power...it's how it is driven is what makes things break. Weak pt #1 = stock diff. Weak pt #2 = axles.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Yeah LSD is key. Te flywheel is fine stock the clutch will slip so replace it I recomend mike from LSD clutch great parts and price. Axles I've never broken but do have autozone lifetime haha

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
Transmissions cant take the torque. I had 245wtq and it only ate one transmission after 40 track passes. I think the reason why it went was because there wasnt enough water in the burnout box+second gear brunouts.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the stock tranny will take it if you dont drive like a jack ass

i however have blown 4 of 5 with 200whp lol
Yeah itll hold 300 whp sitting in the garage.

Learn to preload the axles, that will help a lot, and not driving like an ass, lol.
and to both of you, everyone on here, including myself, would not drive like a granny with 300whp...lol :wheelchair:

·
Registered
1999 Civic Ex Coupe
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah LSD is key. Te flywheel is fine stock the clutch will slip so replace it I recomend mike from LSD clutch great parts and price. Axles I've never broken but do have autozone lifetime haha
---Mike? Do you have a link?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Id assume just email them or go to their website and find contact information....just try and google something before you post...like I said before...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts