Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help setting up a turbo for my 95 civic.
I have the turbo, I wanna run 10 psi of boost with stock internals.
I talked to a guy about tuning it and he said I need a Fuel Management Unit, an ecu and a fuel pump.

He recommended a Hondata S300
what do you guys think??
What about a fuel pump and Fuel Management, which do you guys recommend.

Also does anyone know who makes a ram horn manifold thats A/C compilable??
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1992 cx, 1995 dx
983 Posts
Well if he is gonna tune it go with what he's use to. A walbro fuel pump 255, and go-auto works or rc auto works have a/c compilable manifolds. I think you might wanna go with a engine build cause you prob will be running a good size turbo making good power at 10 psi and well get a map sensor while at it.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
run a cast log manifold to keep AC thats what ive got, they also improve spool time whichll help on the street. Dont make a PSI goal make a horsepower goal, i plan on dynoing 210hp without going over 10 psi if i can with a stable AFR. An FMU is different from an S300 or neptune unit, FMU's wont be sutable for what your wanting. Im running crome on a chipped P28 ecu which is the cheapest way to get a tune for turbo. My setup is 440cc injectors, 3 bar Omni MAP sensor, and you can also run a fuel pump, this with chipped ecu will keep you good on the fuel/engine mangament side of things for a while and injectors can always go bigger.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Instead of an FMU, I would do it right with Injectors, pump, GOOD TUNE (EMPHASIS ON THIS) and $$$ doesn't hurt. Don't rush the build, take your time, spend $ where needed, and do it right.

Rods, ARP head bolts, headgasket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey
Thanks a lot for all your inputs guys!

@D2ZBOY Thanks for the info on the fuel pump.

@Burton6431 You said you're running a p28 on your setup, but I was on Hondata.com
and it said that a 92-95 Ex/Si with a D16z already run a p28 stock, and I have an Ex
Here is the link, Applications By Vehicle Please let me know if I'm reading it right. Also whats the difference between the stock p28 and the 1 you're running. and were I can a chipped p28?
Also Is there any other ecu setup I can run?
@93b18civic Yea im taking my time with the setup...but I think imma hold off on the internals for now and see how much hp/tq I can make.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
Hey
Thanks a lot for all your inputs guys!

@D2ZBOY Thanks for the info on the fuel pump.

@Burton6431 You said you're running a p28 on your setup, but I was on Hondata.com
and it said that a 92-95 Ex/Si with a D16z already run a p28 stock, and I have an Ex
Here is the link, Applications By Vehicle Please let me know if I'm reading it right. Also whats the difference between the stock p28 and the 1 you're running. and were I can a chipped p28?
Also Is there any other ecu setup I can run?
@93b18civic Yea im taking my time with the setup...but I think imma hold off on the internals for now and see how much hp/tq I can make.
my P28 is chipped by phearable.net and im running CROME which is the software used to make tunes such as hondata, ectune, and neptune, my cars a 95 del sol si with D16z6 running a P28 ecu. The difference is crome is free and tunes are cheap, but hondata is better, youll have to look up the features.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
The difference is crome is free and tunes are cheap, but hondata is better, youll have to look up the features.
How are "tunes" cheap with crome free? A lot of tuners won't even touch the free version anymore (I know a lot in my general area won't), at the very least a lot want you to upgrade to crome gold.

Careful as it is a ticking time bomb if you are pushing the envelope.
Uh he'll be fine at 210 if his tune is good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
10psi could be alot or just a little depending on what size turbo you are running honestly... how many cfms, fuel, etc etc

Hondata is a good bet though but if your unfamiliar there are many people that have been around to help out quite a bit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Careful as it is a ticking time bomb if you are pushing the envelope.
Had to reference explosives didn't you.... just cause his username says arabic....

ok sorry had to , its friday and i'm bored out of my mind at work

·
Registered
Honda Civic and CRV
265 Posts
Get the ecu chipped. I've just went through this same thing. It's still not cheap by any means once you're all set up to tune. With Crome (pro) you will need hulog and/or ostrich to log and tune with. Then you should get a chip burner and burn a chip for your ecu if you ever want to use your ostrich in another vehicle to tune with. Don't forget the wideband O2 sensor.

If you're sending your ecu in for chipping, get the data logging header put in as well. It should be offered in a package. I bought a P06 updated to P28/P30/P76 off eBay with the data logging header, ZIF socket and Vtec added and a switch to go between stock Z6 and chipped maps for under 200 including shipping which I found to be good being located in Canada.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I just went through kinda the same thing. I had 99% of the parts already and wanted to boost my car. 93 Del Sol with a z6. Everything i read said around 10psi was where i needed to be. I used DSM 510cc inj chipped my ecu myself(have done electronics for a while) found a base map that was as close to my setup as i could find. Had it burned threw everything together and drove it. I ran great and had alot of power for what it was til it blew.

What I'm getting at is make sure your motor is upto it. Mine had 245k on it before the turbo went one. I knew it would go. If you want it to last at least check out your engine make sure everything is in specs.

You can find chip ecu's pretty cheap. ( around 75 to 100) or you can chip yours. If your worried about using yours go to a junk yard and pick up one out of a car. P06 are I would say the easiest to find. With a p06 it will need to be converted to vtec too. xenocron has a package deal for chipping and vtec ecu conversion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.